Saturday, June 2, 2007

"Hurricane Dip"

Well, it's the second day of hurricane season. My sister in Florida is making her "Hurricane Dip" and preparing for possible power outages, and I made a great discovery at Walmart! "My" Wal-mart had the 5-gallon bucket lids! I have about 8 or so buckets... they're handy for everything from scrap yarn storage to "barf bucket" during my more hideous migraines. Now I've got the capability to store over 40 gallons (I also have some other containers) of water should we experience a disaster. Of course I'd wash them out with bleach and air-dry before using them to store water, duh.

I also reopened my internet debit card account. I plan to get some stuff from Waltons http://waltonfeed.com/ in a week or two just to finish off my kit. When I'm finally, finally done I'll get some instant soy milk at Whole Foods. Ha, it would be ironic if I were killed in a disaster and the looters got my kit. And yes, I took my pills today. I've only been a little manic.

I remain hopeful, though. Our Paratransit driver actually asked me what she should have in her "Hurricane" kit and seemed willing to prepare in advance. I refer to it as a "Hurricane" kit in public because people don't like to think about disasters in general. In CA, it was an "Earthquake" kit.

Well, I'm off. I'm curious to see how the Jello instant pudding with no-sugar-added-soy-milk turned out.

No comments: