Thursday, June 7, 2007

"Suicide by Heather"

You've heard of suicide by cop, where someone will brandish a weapon at police just to get killed. Ugh. Well, I just experienced a wasp who chose "Suicide by Heather". He/she/it got into the house. I tried to persuade it to leave. I even opened the hot garage door and waited patiently, coaxing DUMMY to leave. No, it wanted to fly at my head and make me scream, then head towards my "dearly beloved" blind, shirtless, husband down the hall. That was it, I said "I guess you want to die, then.", shut the garage door and got the spray. I am such a softhearted person that I actually felt sorry for the accursed thing writhing on it's back in the window sill.

Ron, don't put your hand in the window!

Regarding the birds, Bubba brought me two dead ones this morning. They were quite plump and juicy looking, I'm surprised he didn't eat them. I don't recognize them, and as Polly (my aunt) says, maybe he's God's bird population control agent. The baby mockingbirds are OK; Mom keeps dive-bombing me when I head over near the yard.

Ron calls me the "Snackinator" because I am very interested in the business and always looking for an edge in our vending business (new, interesting products to lure in customers). Most ideas I've had worked out great, with the notable exception of the mint chocolate chip cookies. The chocolate chips were GREEN. Green cookies + postal workers = lousy sales. While we were at my doctors' yesterday, we noticed a delicious sweet maui onion chip. We bought a bag (purely for market research) and they were TASTY. We called the company and allegedly a rep will meet with us Tuesday. Good quick callback, good product, lower case count.. we may end up switching to these guys!

I think it's WEAK that it took several phone calls today to find a place that would do a lithium level blood test. Our primary care office, they don't do other doctors orders. Sorry, but Dr P got my $50 and that's all I'm handing out. Dr's Clinic? We want a what? Please hold... forever. It continued for a while and I told Ron, call Memorial Hermann. They are an awesome level one trauma center in the Texas Medical Center.

They told us it would cost us $23, and we can drop in anytime during business hours. No wonder I love them so much. I mean, society should be BEGGING to help us (bipolars) take our pills, you know? It shouldn't be so painful to take care of business. [rolling my eyes] But noooooo.

So, boo-hoo. We have to eat at the delicious cafeteria (I have to take my pills after the blood test, and I have to take them with food, don't I? [wink]). They have the best shrimp po-boys in the world. I'd ride down there just to eat the food. Good mini-pizza, too. Plus Ron can go yell at his buddy Tracy from Physical Therapy. Ron's first clear memory after the accident is of begging Tracy "Don't let Heather drop me!" Hey, I only dropped him once. We won't mention the time I forgot to put the brakes on the wheelchair.. or...

I feel a lot better today but my hands are shaking enough that I won't be knitting. That's OK. It's better than being sick!

No comments: