Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Tuesday

 So I went to work, I was OK with my setup and did not have any leakage issues at work or all the way home.  Work was OK.  We did have a person in the store who was demanding to speak to the hiring manager even though all the process is done online.  

I mean, if they're not calling you they are not interested.  It is that simple.  And it took them a month to call me although I didn't say that.  She was very confrontational and not someone I would ever hire.  And it's not like Walmart is the only game in town there are literally hundreds of stores hiring just in my zip code.  If one store won't work move to another.  Odds are they will all treat you OK and give you a living wage.  

Anyway, I got out of there at 3, had a wait catching the bus which meant I was getting home in 2 hours instead of an hour and a half.  I was wrong [laughing] boy was I wrong.  

So I got off the first bus had a long wait on the second bus but expected that.  Caught that.  Got a text message the last route had a problem but they had it as going the other way, so I was not worried.  Got off my second bus at the transfer point and saw a third bus at the bus stop, had a NOT IN SERVICE sign up so I wasn't worried (😂) about missing my connection.  Had a VERY long wait (40 minutes) and then double checked my texts, the bus company had corrected it, the bus in trouble was going my way and "slight delays".  Yeah, I'll say.  Well AFTER 5 by this point.  I wasn't really angry just more resigned.  And the homeless guy was there kept giving me the eyeball every time he walked by trying to see if I would give him anything.  I avoided eye contact.  Bus finally came.  

Now when a ride comes for me, late, I don't jump on them.  I am not angry.  I am just so damned happy to see them I thank them for coming at all.  Which I did.  He was a little taken aback.  Got off at my stop had a little fun crossing the street but made it home alive.  I called my aunt I did not want her to worry and she has an idea when I "should" be home.  Checked the mail, had a water bill.  

I need to make another payment in about a month.  My bill averages about $100 every 3 months (trash included) so I just pay that way.  $100 every 3 months.  It is easier for me and they are happy to get it.  So I don't owe on that.  But I am getting my mail thank God.  

I may run by the Post Office anyway and give them some candy just because.  But I'll see.  

So I got comfortable, flung off the bra... and I just remembered I forgot to put it in the wash.  Oops.  Oh, well, I have other bras I can wear until my next load of laundry.  I actually get them from Walmart dot com.  I have a type I like a lot by Fruit of the Loom and just get a new set (2 pack) every year or so and that holds me.  Then I have a very relaxed bra I wear on my days at home in case someone comes by.  I am happy with that.  I don't feel the need to have expensive undergarments I am comfortable running around and at work that is all that matters.  

Walmart dot com is pretty useful for stuff like that rather than hunt around in the lingerie department and have everyone see what I wear, I can just type a few keystrokes online and get it at my door in two days.  It's a good deal for me, and I am a "plus" member so free shipping.  

I wanted a treat after all that and 5 straight days of work.  I got out my phone and started looking on Uber Eats.  I found Timmy Chans.  They are really good, cheap, greasy, salty, tasty, Chinese food.  They also do a lot of wings.  They have restaurants all over and this was the "original" store.  I ordered a beef lo mein, no onions, and a side of pork egg rolls.  They came pretty quick.  The egg rolls were still piping hot.  The driver had her daughter bring the food to the door which I thought was cute.  I gave them a good tip through the app.  

I ate the egg rolls and then my parents called, talked to them a while and then got to work on the lo mein.  I ate about a third of it, huge chunks of tender beef in it they were not stingy, especially considering I only paid $8 for the dish.  This is the first time I've gotten a food delivery in months.  It was well deserved and I have plenty for a couple more meals.  

Cleo likes Lo Mein noodles, also, someone threw up in the bedroom last night.  The two are probably connected.  😂  I went to bed, slept well (thank God) and got up around 7.  I was just ready to go.  Still no leaks.  

Personally I think everything I had came out Sunday night and I only have a little left.  But I am OK now and plenty of supplies so not worried.  

I need to clean the litter boxes and then I will take my shower.  I did laundry this morning when I got up because I don't like the dryer running with the AC it's like the dryer cancels the AC.  Even though it's in it's own room it still heats up the house.  Then I am pretty much done for the day.  

I did my (work) clothes too but I put some baking soda in as well as I am a little paranoid about odors.  And I am out in the heat and humidity waiting on the bus, I am doing physical activity in the store, then back on the bus, then walking home, it is a lot to ask.  My deodorant holds up really well, I use either the Secret or the Arm and Hammer.  They work well.  

I tend not to wear a lot of perfume just because it can aggravate a headache.  It is shocking to me I don't really get the headaches anymore and a very sad commentary on my stress level before Ron's death.  And that had been going on a LONG time.  Happily my kidneys and liver are OK after all that Excedrin (per my blood test).  Speaking of blood test I need to call my doctor and set up my next phone appointment.  

That's it for now.  


No comments: