Monday, July 12, 2021

Saturday, Sunday, some of Monday

 Friday night sort of sucks for me.  I go to bed at 11 (get home around 10:30) and have to get up at 5, so not much sleep.  IN spite of that went to work and put in a good day, took the bus home.  

I did tell my parents if I get on working nights ($16 an hour!) I would probably take Jack home every day as 1.  I could afford it and 2.  He wouldn't mind taking me at like 7 AM to go home.  But for now God wants me working weekend days and a couple of weekday evenings.  

I had a rather rude customer ask me how many hours I worked, I told her part time and she asked me, rudely, how I could live on that.  I wanted to say "off my savings" but did not I was just polite and non committal.  It does not take a genius to figure Walmart does not want me whining about my pay to the public.  The caregiver jobs I viewed were all $9 an hour so I am doing $2 better than that and I don't have to wipe any butts.  I was glad when she left.  

I think I am pretty sweet to all the customers but some of them you just wonder who taught them manners.  I won't go into any more detail as I don't know who might read this.  

So work was fine I was busy which I prefer to sitting around staring at the clock like I did sometimes with the vending business, waiting on deliveries.  Overall I think Walmart has been pretty good to me.  I DON'T like the payroll app it is always logging me out and has 2-step authentication which is a pain, but overall content.  Will I do this long term?  Only God knows.  

In the meantime I do my best to do a good job because that is what they are paying for.  

Anyway I will be going in a little bit.  It's only a 4 hour day so not bad; I will almost spend more time on the bus than I will working.  But three four hour days pay my electric bill so there's that.  

I am trying to put all hours worked into that context, groceries bought, etc.  It is an eye opener especially when you realize I have to work 10 minutes for one 20 ounce bottle of soda.  Needless to say I have not been drinking as many!  

I had to toss out the orange oil soap as it was irritating my skin but I used the peppermint this morning.  I don't have any problem with peppermint.  I may even buy a bar of Dr Bonners peppermint at work today.  Dr B soap has a good lather.  This soap has an OK lather but it did the job.  Will I buy it again?  Not likely but it is good enough for now.  

I also like the bug repellent aspects of it.   

Next day: 

So work went OK.  It was pretty busy, rides were alright.  I have to catch 3 buses to get home and made the connection between first, second, and third buses well.  

Some confusion at work, though.  I was never introduced to anyone as "my supervisor" but I have figured out there are a couple of lesser supervisors and one "greater" one.  Yesterday, as I was leaving, the big fish asked me about me "leaving early".  I explained I had to catch my bus and left.  

But I realized there is a lack of communication on my hours available.  I can only work until 10 PM and that on the two nights they need me (someone else is off on those nights and I cover).  The last bus leaves that stop at 10:16 to take me home and I get home at midnight.  Again, have to take 3 buses.  It doesn't work to take the bus the other way it is not a good connection on the routes and the last bus to get me home stops running pretty early that way.  So better to take the longer road...anyway she does not know any of this and I will have to explain and hope she is OK with this.  

In my defense I am a very hard worker, never tardy, never absent, do my job as I'm told to do it, etc.  I am polite and friendly with everyone and I think am worth keeping.  But will she?  We'll see.  I need to run into either her or personnel and them in a talking mood and not busy to explain this.  

There are still plenty of places hiring around here worst case.  I will use the word "disabled" and hope that helps.  I mean, other than transportation I think I am an ideal employee.  Worst case maybe they could put me on overnights (could do that) and make $5 more an hour.  God has this.  

It always seems some work issue pops up on my day off and the devil wants me to ruin my time off freaking about it.   And I won't.  That gas station right around the corner is still hiring.  

I had a good chat with the last bus driver to bring me home, Sunday.  He is a very nice and friendly man.  Years from now I could see myself dating a bus driver.  For now it is just nice to see a friendly face.  He is always delighted with the candy.  

One thing when I fix up Ron's room, I'm getting one of those folding tables and setting it up with the candy, booklets, etc.  I will need a chair but Ikea has some nicer ones for pretty cheap.  Ron's room will get drywall repair (had to take a lot to do the plumbing), paint (already picked out the color, a turquoise), flooring (had to take out carpet).  Ideally set up the bedframe again and put a decent mattress on it (this is optional as far as I can see), definitely get a table and chair and move the evangelism stuff in there.  The Bibles are OK in the garage but the scripture booklets, candy, bags for candy, etc. can all go on the table.  I have some of his stuff and my more formal interview/work in an office clothes in the small closet.  

I have some bedding of his and about one box of assorted electronic junk, various cables and such, his digital recorders with hours of his recordings, his fannypack, stuff like that.  I gave his wallet to my aunt as she is the most likely to need the contents and she never loses anything.  She also has his birth and death certificates.  

I am really casting my vote for a blood clot as cause of death but we will see.  The lady at the morgue talked to my aunt when my aunt called and said it can take up to 7-8 months depending on who they need to consult and what tests they run.  We're only at 4.  I am OK waiting as long as the results are accurate and no fingers point at me.  

I don't think I did anything wrong with him, but his hair was dirty and unbrushed when they took him he hated me messing with his hair.  He would only let me wash pits and privates for a very long time any other washcloth action or water on his skin was very painful to him.  So theoretically that could bounce back on me.  

But in the caregiver group I hear SO many stories of elderly and disabled loved ones who refuse to bathe entirely so that helps.  I am glad I don't have a caregiver job I think that would be too much right about now.  Dad was right.  

Biscuit has been very cute and cuddly today.  I gave him a can of turkey shreds as a treat.  I only do it about once a month or so, a special treat for all the cats.  Cleo got so excited she tried out her meow on me.  It is such an uncertain, wavering, little meow it is adorable.  Ferals don't meow.  She was a feral for about 8 months.  So they all got a nice taste 5 ounce can is about right for them.  Then I put down the regular (urinary) dry food for everyone when they get hungry again.  

I have the printer next to me sitting on a plastic box, off the floor.  I always did that, the flood just confirmed that.  I had very little loss of personal property as a result of my burst pipe due to that practice, keeping things in plastic boxes under the bed, etc.  So it is elevated.  The cats kept getting up on it next to me so I covered it with a blanket.  When I need to use the printer I take the blanket off and it works well.  

I am so happy I have my mailbox back.  The key works great and I have a backup in my key spot.  Do you have one?  All those keys what does this go to?  Better hang on to it, stick it in the spot.  I have a spot.  I think I have the key to Ron's childhood home actually.  Anyway I have an extra key, as well, with my aunt, mail box and front door.  If something happens to me she will need to get in to take care of the cats.  

I plan to mail the childhood key to Ron's brother - thinking about mailing that - will definitely mail the death certificate so their sister can get her precious insurance payout.  I will also stick in a condolence card (he did lose his brother even if they never talked) with a little note saying Ron always loved him, goodbye.  That way they will not think I want a relationship (I don't).  I am quite happy writing the (family name)'s out of my life.  

That's it for now I will try to post later.  Should be a good amount of posts the next few days as I have them off.  

No comments: