Sunday, July 4, 2021

Sunday

 Work work work.  It takes me about an hour and a half each way on the bus.  I could go to Galveston in a car for that.  Not that I am complaining I don't have to pay for new alternator or worry about pirates making off with my catalytic converter, new tires, check engine lights, etc.  But I spend a lot of time on the bus.  

The plague comes to Houston I am in trouble.  Especially working at Walmart too.  I am neck deep in public living.  

So work has been fine.  It has been raining off and on the last couple days so it makes life a little challenging but my little umbrella has been up for the job.  I also wore my old shoes.  I have 2 "good" new shoes I wear (2 pair).  Those are very comfortable and do a good job of holding me up.  I have 3 "old" pair I wore for my vending job.  They are better for short periods of time.  They still have some use so I kept them, I wear them when I have a shorter day and it's raining.  And it has been the last few days, glad I kept them.  

My little snacks have done a good job too.  You can imagine the lines in my store - any Walmart - on a holiday weekend so I really don't want to buy a snack at work.  I did get some more hard candy today I am running low on that for handing out to drivers/service people.  

I don't talk about my faith at work they are "inclusive" and I could get into BIG trouble at work if one of my little Scripture booklets fell into the wrong hands.  That is all I will say.  Worst I said, we were talking about shoplifting (people who do it) and I said "I don't care what you believe in, you will not get a blessing out of that".  And she nodded.  

I rely on God for guidance on stuff like that.  

So done with work, my parents will call me sometime tonight.  Jack also made noises about bringing me "a plate" (of BBQ) but that may be cancelled due to the rain.  We'll see.  

I have to work tomorrow but only 4 hours (at work).  I still have all that travel time but it should be quieter than this weekend.  I think.  We will see.  

Home has been pretty quiet we will see what kind of fireworks we see; we are getting plenty of rain so I don't have to worry about someone setting my house on fire with a bottle rocket.  Cats are good.  

I am handling the holiday OK.  Ron loved fireworks those long term readers will remember we used to set them off.  But I have been alright.  

I did get weepy at work - almost, when I read a locket they had in the returns basket (they had me sorting returns).  It has a very sweet poem from a husband to his wife, I got a little choked up.  I managed to get it together in a minute or two.  

I just don't cry very often.  Not over Ron, or anything, really.  Maybe the pain is just too deep.  I don't know.  Maybe I saw it coming.  

Anyway that's it for now.  

No comments: