Sunday, December 31, 2017

Pop one for the USA!

I made the bed with fresh sheets, a heated mattress pad, and my trusty wool blanket.  Biscuit immediately went for the blanket, he loves it.

I went to bed, and was awakened an hour later by Ron screaming for me.  I had tried to ignore the racket, but I couldn't.

I got up, disturbing Biscuit (I was most unhappy about that), and checked on Ron.  He had taken half the cleaning supplies out from under the sink, and was attempting to climb underneath, yelling about stuff in his bedroom, where's my bed, etc.

I didn't respond as Jesus would have.  I yelled at him for wrecking my kitchen (yes, it's already a mess but it's my mess), and told him, rudely, he was nowhere near his bed.

Once I ascertained he was trying to go to bed, I pushed his wheelchair to the bedroom, very angrily, and parked him by the bed.  I put his hand on the bed and told him it was there.

He was quiet after that, for hours.  I had a good sleep with Biscuit.  He's so cute.  He loves his blanket.  Around 7 AM I started hearing a racket again.  Ron was up in the front of the house, making noise.  It sounded like the cleaning supplies again.

I rolled over (carefully, so as not to disturb the Biscuit), and went back to sleep.  I finally gave up around 8, he kept making noise.

I try not to lie in my bed when I'm angry.  It affects my sleep, if I can sleep, and just leads to nightmares.

I got up.  Ron had put all the cleaning supplies back, although, he told me, he couldn't figure out why I took them out to begin with.  And people wonder why I get headaches.

I explained he had done it.  He asked for some help with things, rolled himself around in circles for a couple minutes.  I asked him if he wanted to go back to bed.  No, he said, and then he went anyway.

He's lying in bed now, hopefully quiet for several more hours.

I discovered he had messed up the dish drainer so I fixed that.  I saw a hungry looking blue jay (Ron hates them, but I like them, they're so brash) foraging for bugs, and decided to spread the bird seed.

If you are a long time reader you may remember, several years ago I was big into feeding the birds.  I was buying huge sacks of seed every week or so, and it was a lot of fun to watch the birds.  I just spread the seed on the ground.

About a year ago I had gotten the idea to feed the birds outside the catio, but Biscuit got so excited he slammed into the "bars" of his jail and got what I'm sure was a horrible headache.  I felt awful about that, so I put the birdseed aside.

I got it out and spread it all over, it was sleeting very gently and I could feel the temperature dropping.  I hope the birds and squirrels take advantage while it's still light out, feed up on a high-oil thing like birdseed to give them lots of heat energy for tonight.

It's supposed to get down to 25 tonight, or about -3 C.  Pretty cold by any standard.  An absolute apocalypse by Houston standards.  I think a lot of plants are going to die tonight.

That reminds me, I want to get some cuttings of the purple things before the cold gets really bad.  I'll be back.

I will also elaborate on my do it now philosophy.

OK, I'm back.  I took 3 cuttings which should be plenty for the area, maybe 8 square feet.

My do it now philosophy, my short term memory is so bad at times I have to do things the minute I remember.  If I think I will remember later, I won't, and it won't get done.

Now I am feeling sorry for the purple things and thinking I should cover them.  I got an old litter box and covered a lively-looking patch.  They will regenerate from the patch, I know for sure.  They have come back from 20 degree temperatures before, so I have faith in them, but I don't want to torture the poor things.

And this is where I tell you I seriously considered a horticulture major.  However, one year was sprinklers, and one year was pesticides and fertilizers.  They only had a few classes in botany, propagation, things I was actually interested in.  I could take those classes at Urban Harvest downtown if I wanted.  I haven't had the energy to "do" the garden I always wanted, due to depression, demands on my life, and exhaustion due to medication.  I know God has a great garden for me in Heaven, in my heavenly mansion.  I just need to be patient.

I've given up a lot in my life.  Had a lot taken from me, like the ability to drive.  Thanks, Mom.  To be honest, the FAS doesn't really affect me much other than that, or the issues I have are subsumed by the bipolar super duper crazy.

I'm going to go take my shower, then do my God time and take a nap.  It will get pretty wild tonight, but not too much, I think, due to the cold weather.  But a lot of people were "popping" things last night.

One fireworks stand had a sign up "Pop one for the USA!"  Not sure what popping one has to do with patriotism but there you have it.

Pop one for the USA.

Edit: I went ahead and put some cardboard over the purple things so they are all covered. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ron is an idiot. Seriously a blind man in the kitchen trying to find his bed in the kitchen cupboard. Maybe you should do standup comedy. You would have plenty of material. Another gem Ron eating the cat treats. LOL. Happy New Year Heather. I will light off a few firecrackers in your honor.