Sunday, December 24, 2017

36/29

Yesterday, after my nap, we went to Walmart.  Ron wanted to get some more pants.  It was very busy, all the kiddie carts were taken so I had to push Ron in his wheelchair to the clothing area. 

He's a 36/29.  The clothes were pretty picked over, I guess a lot of men are getting Walmart clothes for Christmas. 

They had work pants, jeans, and slacks.  Ron wanted the slacks.  He will pair anything with a pair of twill slacks (well, anything he'd wear, t-shirts and sweatshirts mainly).  I found one pair in a 38.  Ron said his pants have been a little tight lately so I started the pile with them.  Then I found 3 identical pairs of elastic back pants in his size.  They will have some give if he overeats.  I put all 3 on the pile and went to the fitting room.  We had to wait on a vacant room. 

We finally got one, but it was small.  I pushed the wheelchair into the room (benefits of a small wheelchair), and Ron moved to the seat, then he took the pants (2 pair).  I knew security was watching us intently because I had a large, open, bag on the back of the wheelchair.  I didn't have a problem with that, I wasn't going to do anything wrong so I didn't care if they watched me. 

Ron tried on the elastic waist ones.  He liked them.  He thought they might have a baggy butt.  I told him it looked fine.  I found it amusing, because he hardly ever stands up and when he does, no one's going to be looking at his butt.  The crotch fit about where it should so I told him it was fine.  He tried on the 38's, said they were way too big.  I told him, if they don't fit, don't buy them.  Just because it's $12 doesn't mean you have to buy it.  You have 3 of the other ones.  He said OK and got dressed in his own clothes, then opened the door. 

We put back the 38's and went shopping for my stuff.  I wanted eggnog.  So, apparently, did everyone else.  I managed to score 2 quarts of pumpkin spice eggnog and then I got some drink mix (powder I put into my 2 quart drinking vessel and mix up into punch/tea/lemonade/whatever). 

Then we checked out.  I kept telling the cashier to put the items into the large bag, but she kept handing them to me instead.  I guess she thought it was my job to put them into the large bag, even though she would be bagging things herself if I'd wanted plastic bags.  Ron reminded me, later, she had probably been working a long day. 

So I let it go.  We had some time left (I had put the large bag back on the back of the wheelchair), so we went to McDonald's.  I got a double cheeseburger.  Ron didn't want to eat and have to use the toilet at Walmart.   During the holidays.  Can't say that I blame him. 

We waited until our pickup.  The driver was a nice lady we had just last week.  She told us about her son's legal troubles.  We got home. 

We unloaded Ron and got him and the stuff in the house.  I put his new pants in the laundry room.  I want him to try them on, though, before I wash them, in case there's a problem.  If there is a problem I saved the receipt so I can return it. 

I did find it annoying that the men's pants, even in the large size, were only about $14.  Women's pants are at least $5 more than that. 

I put the eggnog in the fridge.  Ron wanted to try some later, and he did.  He felt it wasn't icy cold enough but it was good.  I thought it was fine.  I had to sit and do up my medication while Ron drank (vodka) in the kitchen. 

I didn't want to call my parents with Ron drinking right at my elbow, he tends to interrupt and go off on weird tangents.  My parents don't like it any more than I do. 

So I did up my pills until Ron "finished".  Besides, I also wanted to be able to say I took my meds when I called them, not that they ask these days.  They know I take my medication faithfully, and I'm sure it's a big comfort to them. 

So I did it all up.  Lithium, 4x every day of the week, x 2 weeks.  Depakote, one pill, Wellbutrin, two pills, Haldol, one pill.  All times 14 days of the week.  Then the supplements.  I won't get into all the supplements but I take a fair amount.  I did focus on immune boosting ones like Vitamin C and oregano oil.  Finally, all done.  I took Saturday night, from one pills-of-the-week organizer, then I put that one on top of the other (the in-use always goes on top so I don't get mixed up). 

Ron was about done drinking but I reminded him not to interrupt, but the call went to voicemail.  Called too late.  Well, it was inevitable.  I try to minimize the effect Ron's drinking has on my parents.  If they ask, I will tell them he is drinking.  If he has a bad blackout I might tell them about that.  But I don't think they need to experience it for themselves. 

I went to bed pretty soon after that.  Odds are, #6 is going to have their big pre-Christmas blowoout party tonight.  I slept in as late as I could, trying to catch up on my sleep as much as possible.  I started having really sad, depressing, dreams, so I finally woke up and got out of bed. 

Biscuit was quite pleased so see me up and about.  I brushed my teeth and got him breakfast.  Then I ate my protein bar, took my morning pills, and drank my 500 ml Diet Mountain Dew.  I allow myself one every morning, unless I have a really bad migraine, when I allow myself two. 

I watched a little Law & order, a little internet, and now I need to take my shower.  I plan to take a nap around 12-1, hopefully that will be early enough that #6 will be quiet.  They tend to go pretty late on Christmas.  From what I have heard, from a Mexican no less, the goal is to go as late as you can and get as drunk as you can, on Christmas eve. 

They don't even consider the neighbors want a "silent night". 

No comments: