Sunday, December 17, 2017

Plenty of time

I knew I was in trouble when I saw 4 cars parked outside #6.  Knew it was a party when I heard him and his cronies gabbling away in the backyard during what I had attempted as my nap.  Knew it was BIG trouble when they brought a HUGE speaker up the driveway. 

Sure enough, they are having a party.  They are playing loud music, kids screaming in the yard, etc.  I guess they postponed the party from last night (rain) to tonight (no rain, warmer). 

Ugh.  I have to work tomorrow.  I don't know if the kids have school tomorrow, maybe, maybe not, but I have to get up and work tomorrow.  It is immensely frustrating to me when anyone messes with my sleep.  I really need a good night every night or I'm unwell.  Not tired, unwell.  I'm not in optimal control of my illness and I think anyone would agree that's a problem. 

I go out of my way to be a good neighbor.  I don't go on their property (wish they could say the same), I put their balls back when I find one in the yard, I don't play loud music, I locked up the cats, I don't have parties of any sort, especially loud ones, and I don't keep my neighbors up, ever.  I even warn the driver, when the kids are running around, that the kids run into the street. 

The worst you can say about my behavior; when I am frustrated with them I don't tippytoe out the door at 4 am, hushing Ron not to wake them.  I'm not loud, but I don't go out of my way to be quiet, either.  And if I am waking them up, wouldn't they realize I am getting up at 2-4 AM every work day?  God knows he (the husband/father at #6) gets up pretty early most days, making plenty of noise revving his pickup and waking me up if it's a rare day I'm sleeping in. 

I'm going to bag up some candy, with Scripture booklets.  It takes forever and it looks like I have plenty of time. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Move to michigan, neighbors stay inside at least 4 months of the year!

Spankadoo said...

Someone opted to have a party outside my window last night ..who parties on Monday night? I totally empathize and agree about sleeping for wellness . I am so much better when I am rested than when I have a broken sleep . Take care hopefully the party did not last too late.