Sunday, December 3, 2017

Another blackout

I slept in this morning, until 9.  I woke up to a totally drunken Ron in the kitchen.  Great.

I left him in the kitchen and went on to take my shower.  When I came out he had partly trashed the computer room (between the front room and the man cave), where I had planned to do my Bible study. 

Every now and then Ron does something while really drunk that enforces my belief I am engaged in spiritual warfare.  Attacks, direct ones, on my faith are not uncommon at times like this and Ron himself doesn't really care what or where I am doing my "God crap". 

But he had knocked over Biscuit's box and thrown the padding in it all over the place.  Thank God Ron was still in the wheelchair.  I hauled him out and put him in HIS room, then I cleaned up and did my God Time. 

Then, depressed and angry, I decided to take a nap.  I had a hard time falling asleep.  I finally did and Ron woke up, shouting for me.  I explained he was in his room, and had trashed the computer room, leave me alone already. 

I went back to bed and lured Torbie to come lay on my chest.  We had a great time, me petting her as she lay on my chest, purring, until my alarm went off.  She left.  I got up and got dressed, then I gave her some treats.  The other cats showed up, I fed them too. 

Biscuit wasn't too excited about his salmon this morning when I fed him.  Baby Girl wasn't into it, either.  I may give all the salmon to the animal shelter, or to a friend having hard times who has cats. 

My guys sure don't seem to want it.  Now it's tuna, Mommy, tuna.  For now at least.  They used to carry on like this for the Salmon.  Maybe I need to stop offering them new foods, thinking they are bored.  Maybe if I just feed the same food day in and day out they will still want it at 110%. 

Or maybe they'll get sick of it, and I'll get stuck with a bunch of unwanted cat food 6 months from now. 

I don't know. 

Ron said he wanted to go to Denny's later.  I plan to get a couple of fried eggs and maybe some pancakes.  First I have to get him out of bed.  He's been slumped in his wheelchair, sleeping for a good 4 hours.  He was snoring so I knew he wasn't dead. 

A note on that, my Dad snored.  I grew up hearing him snore through the wall of my bedroom.  When I met Ron I don't recall if he said he snored.  But he did, just like my Dad.  So I'm used to snoring, been my whole life. 

In my entire life I only saw my Dad drunk once.  They had free beer at a company picnic.  It was hot, he got thirsty and drank a lot.  I found it horrifying.  If I had only known. 

That's one reason I kept Ron under wraps at the blind vendor thing.  I didn't want his big mouth getting us in trouble. 

Ah, his alarm's going off.  I guess we are going out to dinner after all.. 

God knows I want some after all I went through today. 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are a retarded moron. It is NOT spiritual warfare you friggin idiot it is a man who has a drinking problem who will never change. Wake the hell up.

Heather Knits said...

I'm glad you don't have my address! 8-O

Anonymous said...

Is there a way to block haters?
Why do they read your blog I have to wonder.

Anonymous said...

Why would you go to Denny's with that drunk? It seems you are just encouraging the bad behavior. You guys eat out a lot too.

Anonymous said...

Haters don't like you helping the economy. I eat out a lot too. I work 40 hours a week. I deserve it.

Heather Knits said...

Haters need someone to look down on. Apparently I fit the bill.

Yes, I choose to stay with my alcoholic husband. That just drives some of them nuts.