Monday, December 4, 2017

I'm tired

Tired today. 

When Ron passed out yesterday, he was slumped forward in his wheelchair, which apparently messed up his back.  He was like that for at least 5 hours. 

So he was up most of last night, trying to be quiet, but I had too much caffeine at dinner anyway so I was up too. 

And we had to get up for our 6 AM pickup for work.  I had my alarm set for 4, but I reset it to 5.  Biscuit understood. 

We went to work and stocked, called the repairman for one machine, had the repairman out for another.  As I was walking the repairman back for the soda machine, the sandwich guy called.  So I had to deal with both of them at the same time. 

I did that.  The soda machine is working now. 

I have white cat hairs on my keyboard.  Biscuit is sleeping up here when I'm gone. 

Anyway, we did it all and went outside to wait on our ride, which was an hour late.  We finally got home and took a nap. 

I'm still tired, so I'm going to bed.  Ron has been taking his medication on a schedule so hopefully he won't have any back pain tonight.  Or at least it will be manageable. 

I will probably need to take him to the doctor and get an MRI.  I know he has severe disc disease in his lumbar region so that may be the problem.  But Ron doesn't want any more back surgery.  I don't blame him. 

I've only had 3 operations in my life, if you count them putting me out to remove my impacted wisdom teeth.  They had to drill them out, I can still feel the chips in my jaw where they literally chiseled them out.  I had eye surgery as a toddler to "fix" my lazy eye, and then the ovarian cysts operation back in 2001. 

I haven't had any considerable medical procedure (aside from a CAT scan) since I started my medication.  From what I hear lithium may interact with anesthesia drugs. 

I'm not going to worry about it, I'm going to bed. 

I'm tired. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why bother with the MRI then if he is not going to have anymore surgery. Why can't jesus heal him? After all it is in the bible that whatever a believer asks in jesus' name it will be given to them.

Heather Knits said...

I tell people all the time, God isn't a vending machine. An MRI could provide useful information on what, exactly is wrong, and how to treat it (conservatively).