Sunday, October 29, 2017

Weekend exploits

Yesterday I got up at 5 AM, went to the warehouse, and bought merchandise.  The store has a cart attendant available on Saturdays to help load the truck, so that made it a lot easier.  We had a lot of stuff but just stuffed everything into the bed of a Ford F-150.  We got to work, I got the cart, and unloaded it. 

Jack drove off, Ron and I got to work.  Work was pretty uneventful.  Something is coming up on Monday, I can't talk about it yet (not a big deal to you), but I will discuss Monday night.  We got everything looking good and came home. 

I took a short nap, we were going out later.  I was convinced #6 was having a party, they usually have 2 between the 11th and the 25th of the month.  Ron said maybe they rescheduled it because we had a cold front this weekend; we forgot our coats for work yesterday and we were pretty cold.  It wasn't so much the ambient temperature as the wind chill.  I didn't believe him because they have had late-night Christmas parties when it was literally freezing out, kids running around in the yard. 

No preparation noise.  Maybe no party.  We went out to dinner at the BBQ place.  They hadn't seen us in a while and missed us.  We had a good meal and went home.  Still no party. 

Now I believed Ron.  I went to bed pretty early (for most people) and slept pretty well.  I woke up with a headache, which I haven't beaten.  I think it's related to the Peanut Butter M&M's I ate yesterday.  I don't know for sure. 

It wasn't bad until I took my antidepressant this morning, then it really kicked into high gear.  I took 3 aspirin around noon so I can take some Naproxen now, maybe that will help.  I'm also craving something salty, so I don't know what that means. 

Well, it means I need to eat something salty.  I'm also working on doing some laundry. 

Tomorrow will be a longer day for us; we have a long day at work and some errands before we go home.  I'm hoping I beat my headache by then because it's a grinding pain. 

I plan to go to bed early tonight, so maybe that will help. 

Oh, by the way, Torbie slept with me twice in the last day, along with Biscuit.  It got pretty crowded.  I didn't mind, I love sleeping with Torbie.  I just wish she would sleep near my head so I wouldn't have to worry about rolling over on her. 

The last thing I want to do is squash her. 


No comments: