Monday, October 23, 2017

"I'm the only one you've got"

I didn't sleep well last night.  I was cold, I had small physical issues, I had to pee a lot, etc. 

I know frequent urination can be a bad sign, but in my case it is a side effect.  I check my sugar on occasion and get blood tests every year, and I'm always fine.  Worst it's ever been in a lab test is 104 fasting. 

I woke up.  Biscuit was sleeping in my bed, with me, so I stayed with him and hit the snooze button a few times. 

I did my God Time later.  It is hard for me, if pressed, to choose quality time with the cats vs. God Time.  One is eternal, one isn't, but both are a big deal to me.  Today, Biscuit won. 

I got up, did my shower, went to work.  We had another liberal driver, playing that horrible liberal morning talk show.  I loathe it.  We weren't straight, we picked up another client.  Her husband had been a pretty hard-core alcoholic.  He'd died.   Sad, but not unexpected. 

We went to work.  Things were pretty average for a while, but Ron was being very verbally abusive "No one is that stupid", calling me worse, nasty tone of voice, yelling.  It was embarrassing.  At one point I realized I couldn't open a vending machine and I had to get him to stop cursing me out so he could come over and help.  We got it, sort of.  It will open and close but it is "harder" now. 

I did lube it up with lithium grease.  Lithium.  Gotta love it. 

Later on, Ron asked me what was "wrong".  I said I didn't want to talk about our relationship at work.  Why, Ron asked, was I afraid I'd cry?  No, I replied, it just wasn't professional. 

He finally cornered me in the stockroom and I told him I didn't appreciate the verbal abuse, it made me pull away and put up walls, if that mattered to him.  He said he would work on it, I was very important to him (praises for a few minutes here), and he didn't mean to hurt me. 

Later on, while waiting on our ride, I reminded him "I'm the only one you've got, I'd think you'd take better care with me".  He agreed and again went with the praises. 

Hopefully he means it.  I am hopeful because he started to use the word "Stupid" with me later, stopped, and corrected himself.   We'll see. 

We got our ride (a much nicer driver) and came home.  I was pretty tired and tried to take a nap, but I couldn't sleep, and then #6 decided to do yardwork.  At least he wasn't revving the leaf blower.  That gets really annoying. 

I gave up and got up.  I dressed and went outside, thinking to pull down our exterior blind on Ron's room, which had apparently blown up on the roof.  When I got out there I realized it had blown up and over the satellite dish.  I can't fix that.  I tried, though.  I got the stepladder, I yanked on the blind, I tried to flip it back over, everything.  All to the chorus of #2's (don't worry, said the landlady, no pets) two dogs yapping away.  I lost my temper and yelled at them to shut up, of course they didn't. 

I came back in and told Ron the bad news.  He said OK.  We put the call in.  While he's out, he can hang some blinds inside Ron's room and give him some privacy. 

We're getting ready to eat so that's it for now. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ron is an abuser he will not get better he will get worse.

it isnt until we hit bottom life changes for us.
much love sweet girl
I think you were given Biscuit like you were given lithium so take your biscuit every day as directed! OOOXXX