Thursday, October 12, 2017

Exploding feathers

I've been feeling uninspired.  I will do my best to create a blog of interest. 

We worked today, our first ride was a nice driver who has Ron's favorite Bible verse tattooed on his arm.  Unfortunately, he also bought some "car freshener" spray in "Black Ice" and sprayed it all over the seats before I got in the vehicle.  It got on my clothing, so, all day, I've reeked like a cheap air freshener. 

I don't blame the drivers.  A lot of the clients have grooming issues, don't understand, soap, water, deodorant, clean clothes, every day.  I remember when they put out a memo at work telling people to bathe with soap and water, every day, dry off with a clean towel, and put on clean clothes, every day, before coming to work.  I remember thinking, surely people know, but at least someone didn't, because they had to write the memo. 

I wonder if the offenders improved.  So, I don't blame the driver, I just hate smelling like air freshener.  Like I told Ron, I can only get it out in the wash, so I have to throw it in the washer the minute I get home, or the nearest thing to it. 

We got to Sam's Club.  I bought what we needed.  A veteran cashier rang me up, she's nice but a little brusque. 

I had some trouble finding a helper, and had to load half the truck by myself.  I was glad I did reek of air freshener, even though my deodorant did a stellar job.  I use the "crystal" deodorant.  We went to work. 

The other vendor told me our management didn't bring me the new cart, so I had a few worries they had taken my old cart and left me with nothing.  No worries, I still had the old cart.  I had left a note on it "Don't take if no new cart", something like that, so it worked. 

I took the carts out and unloaded the truck.  We had about a half load because we already had some products.  I got all that into the building. 

Chuck (our driver) told me Ron was escaping.  I thought he meant Ron was coming up the ramp.  Nope, Ron, at full speed, was propelling himself away from the front door toward the Postal Inspectors.  I chased him down and brought him back, showed him the location of the ramp he had missed, and got him in the building. 

I did all my work, put everything away, and helped Ron.  Not necessarily in that order.  I had enough time, for once, to really do it all. 

Then Chuck picked us up again and we went out to lunch.  We came home.  I tried to take a nap but I had too many Diet Cokes during lunch.  I got up.  I got online for a while, watched some TV, and waited for my books to come. 

I ordered 100 Bible Promise books to go with the Bibles.  I figure they are a good match.  People can open up the Promise book, find subjects, and read Bible verses on the subject.  It's a good starting point.  I think they will go fast.  I plan to hand them out with Bibles. 

The Bibles, I don't know when they're coming.  Probably the next couple days. 

I do have a concern about the cats getting out, so I will have to have Ron distract them in his room, with treats, lock them in, then go bring in my packages.  Torbie has proven to be a bad girl when it comes to escaping while my hands are full. 

Speaking of Bad Cats, yesterday I woke up and found feathers all over the house, as if a bird exploded.  A bird must have stupidly ventured into the catio and been eaten.  I couldn't find a scrap of meat, bones, head, feet, anything, just feathers all over the house. 

That's the advantage of keeping the cats on a diet.  They don't waste any food! 

I didn't find any additional "treats" today, so I think yesterday was a fluke. 

A pretty dumb bird, if you ask me.  The grass is pretty long in the catio so I can see how the cats could hide. 

Biscuit (I'm assuming it was him) must have been so happy. 

I'm going to go check my tracking number.  Well, it says it's coming today, so I guess I will stay up for a while. 

My poor truck driver, to have all that stuff on the van and working so long.  My 20 pound box was loaded on the van at 9 AM today. 

1 comment:

Spankadoo said...

Awesome story ..cats will be cates !!! Loved it ..poor bird but you are right it happens!