Tuesday, October 3, 2017

"Don't sweat on the Bibles!"

We had the day off.  I went to bed early and woke up around 7:30.  I got up, took a shower, did my God Time.  I watched some TV and did some computer.  Ron was sleeping, for a while with his cat. 

Baby Girl is really Ron's cat.  She loves to lay against his left leg and sleep with him.  I try not to be envious. 

Torbie will, on occasion, lie on my foot, and sleep in the cat condo next to my bed, but that's as far as she goes these days.  I try not to take it personally. 

Biscuit only pays me attention when he's begging. 

I took a nap about the time Ron woke up.  I had a good nap for a couple of hours and woke up.  I got on the computer again, and talked to Ron about doing a Bible Handout tomorrow.  He was fine with it, so I gave him the information to set up the trip. 

We will see what kind of ride we get tomorrow.  That accomplished, I had to set up the cart.  That took a while.  I was sweating as I tried to fasten the bungee cords and hold the cart sideways.  "Don't sweat on the Bibles!" I told myself, as I dripped sweat on the floor.  A case of whole Bibles weighs about 30-40 pounds.  Put a couple of those together with my handcart and you've got some work, there.  It's all worth it, of course, but it is tiring, and one aspect I don't really talk about.  It is hard to figure out what to bring (happily I do have a selection). 

Speaking of selection, someone donated to my Go Fund Me, so I will be doing some shopping once the money hits my account (it can take a few days).  I will look forward to it. 

And Biscuit's here to remind me I have 8 minutes until feeding time.  He is being very polite, I think I will feed him early.  He'd like that. 

That's it for now.  I will, of course, do an update on the Handout tomorrow. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

you have a heart of gold and it is so nice to see you taking care of what YOU need to do.

OOOXXX