Friday, October 27, 2017

100 bags

I don't feel sorry for her. 

Yesterday, we had a pretty nice day.  We went to the taqueria for breakfast and had a nice day.  I came home and tried to take a nap, didn't have much luck because Mr Biscuit hogged the bed.  Then we went to Walmart, to get more candy. 

I had 93 bags done up, candy, candy bar, scripture booklet.  I wanted 100.  So I got a couple bags of candy (sour patch, skittles, and peanut M&M), and 7 full sized snickers bars.  I just did them up a couple minutes ago.  I had leftovers, so I got more scripture booklets and did up 10 more bags of candy (no full sized candy bar) + scripture booklet.  I will hand those out over the next couple days.  100 candy bags ought to be plenty, especially since Halloween is a schoolnight. 

We came home and I went to bed early.  I had troubles with my internet so I didn't post. 

I got up early today and went to work.  Work was pretty standard.  Ron kept lecturing me because "We" (both of us) forgot to restock the Sprite when we took it out of the fridge.  He kept going on and on about it.  My motivation and desire to do a good job went down the more he lectured.  Later on, he mentioned, maybe he needs to reread "The One Minute Manager" and I agreed. 

We came home, again, a pretty boring trip.  I tried to take another nap.  I have had trouble napping recently.  I don't know if I have more energy, getting manic (although I generally post lots when I'm manic), or just have a cat, Biscuit, who is a bed hog.  At any rate I got up and did my God Time. 

Ron needed help with something so I had to stop about halfway through the prayer portion.  I am sure God understands. 

I have been handing out Bibles and Bible promise books when I can. 

At any rate, our ride to go to dinner showed up late.  Ron wanted to push his wheelchair out to the vehicle.  She saw him coming, knows he is blind, saw him veering all over the place even with my help, and just stood there and let him bump into her foot.  Then she started moaning and crying about how she just had "foot surgery". 

Ron asked her what she had done.  "Oh, a toenail had grown into the skin".  Oh, you had an ingrown toenail.  Big difference from "foot surgery" although I'm sure they did something.  Who, having an injured foot, just stands there and lets someone run over it?  I always protect my feet, and knees, around Ron.  She is not a new driver, she knows better.  So I don't feel sorry for her. 

Then she kept hacking and wheezing all the way to our destination.  She sounded like she had pneumonia.  Ron asked her why she wasn't home in bed "Oh, I need the money".   He asked her when it started.  She tried to say it was related to another cat owner she transported earlier, but then mentioned, at a later point, it had been going on for a couple of days. 

She is around people who can be very immune compromised, like dialysis patients.  If she's sick, she should take herself out of circulation so she won't infect the immune compromised.  Extremely selfish and rude. 

I was so glad I had disinfecting wipes in my fanny pack.  The minute we got to the restaurant, I disinfected my hands, Ron's hands, and the entire wheelchair so we wouldn't get what she had.  I was tempted to call in a complaint.  I can understand driving and you suddenly become ill, and want to finish out your shift, but I don't understand coming in sick, day after day, exposing your clients to God only knows what, because you are greedy and want more money. 

We went into the restaurant and had a good meal.  Ron just had a fruit cup, he wasn't very hungry.  He says he has a lot more energy and feels more positive off the vodka.  I bet.  I am trying to be quietly supportive.  I am glad I can finally see evidence of God working on Ron; I knew God was working, but I couldn't see it.  Now I can and I'm happy to see it.  I don't bring it up but if Ron does I affirm he is doing the right thing and I am glad he's doing it. 

He did have a beer the other day at the taqueria, but he only had one and refused another when the waitress offered to bring another.  So, overall, I'm very pleased. 

He wasn't verbally abusive today when he was lecturing me, the worst he said is he wished God had given him a more logical helper.  Even then it was said more in a wheedling voice and not a nasty one.  Overall, not bad. 

When we got home from the restaurant we found the garage door wide open.  Apparently Ron forgot to close it after he "ran over" the driver's foot.  She was carrying on so much Ron forgot to hit the "down" button, and I didn't look when we left, because he always closes the door.  As far as I can tell, all our stuff is there.  Worst case that guy with the off-leash little dog may have let it go in there and pee on things, but I didn't investigate that. 

It was cute to see Biscuit in the front window when we pulled up.  The driver (amazingly enough) liked cats and began baby-talking him.  It was really cute.  He knocked over one of my plastic pumpkins (a common decoration, a plastic Jack 'o lantern with a little light bulb inside, it plugs into the wall and lights up, looking like it has a candle in it, very cute).  I bought one yesterday because I couldn't find the old one.  Then, of course, today, I found the old one hiding under the bear.  So, now I have two.  Poor things only get featured for a few days, in my window, but they get their big night Tuesday. 

After all, I do have 100 bags of candy. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am working on Halloween but we are celebrating there with those who are not able to be home we have all kinds of fun plans

yours will be the cool house with the best bags! How fun!

I wanted to tell you I am rolling a Powerade and protein bar in a heavy duty garbage bag with a rubber band and when I walk to work or am walking around the city doing errands I put them in spots I know homeless sleep at night .

Happy Halloween have fun this weekend !