Friday, October 20, 2017

Split shift

This will be pretty short. 

I got up early this morning, got ready, went to the warehouse.  We got our supplies.  I finally remembered to get the candy bars for Halloween.  I also got some fruit rollups; kids like them, they will fit in the bag, and add some bulk. 

I paid and put the Halloween candy in the cold bag, so the chocolate wouldn't melt.  As it turns out, our ride home showed up pretty much right after we went outside, so I didn't have to wait in the hot sun with the candy. 

We came home, I took a nap.  I got up and we went to the pupusa place, but the manager wasn't there.  Those little latino restaurants really go to hell when the boss goes home, Ron's burrito was very greasy and salty, and my 5-minute order took 20 minutes.  Ron and I were the only customers. 

We finally got home and I went to bed.  I fell asleep pretty fast, which was a good thing, as I had to get up at 1:45 in the morning. 

I slept OK, got up on time, did my shower and God time.  Very pleased I did that.  I got up at 1 AM, after limited sleep, to hang out with God and start my day right! 

Our driver pulled up.  He was ignorant, and liberal, and made some comments that would probably get him jailed if I related them.  All I will say, say what you will, but don't talk about hurting the president!  I couldn't believe it!  And he had a camera going the whole time! 

He didn't take a Bible (I was fine with that, it went to a home where it will be appreciated, the next driver was very happy to get it), and made a lot of very critical comments about Ron's drinking. 

How did he know Ron drinks?  Ron was, after all, sober.  Well, apparently, years ago, he took Ron to the liquor store and helped Ron get a case of vodka.  He hadn't forgotten it and kept pointing fingers at Ron. 

This, to me, is the "proper" approach "Hey, man, I remember you drank a lot back in the day.  I hope you slowed down, I was pretty worried about you."  Not saying Ron is embracing one of the "five devils" etc.  None of which is Biblical, by the way. 

It felt like a very long ride, even though it was a straight trip. 

I was never so happy to get to work.  We got to work.  Since we did most of the work yesterday, there wasn't much to do today.  We got our delivery and paid him. 

Ron decided to sort change, so he did that.  We chatted a little bit with the other vendor.  Our pickup time arrived. 

What a difference!  A nice, sweet, pleasant driver.  She loved her Bible and Bible Promise book, and immediately stowed them in her backpack.  It was a joy to have her. 

She took us home.  Biscuit was wailing, even though I had fed him before I left this morning.  I figured it had been a while so I fed them (Baby Girl was in on it by now) a can of Cod, Sole, and Shrimp.  Unlike the flaky tuna, the cod feast comes as a solid cake.  The cats had no trouble tearing into that. 

I took a nap and slept about 3 hours.  I am good to go until bedtime now.  I guess you could call it a split shift. 

#6 will probably have another party tomorrow night.  If he does, I plan to bag up my Halloween candy and organize the front room.  If not, I will probably still do the candy and organize the front room! 

I don't care if people see a messy house but I have some stuff in the front alcove that needs to move. 

Ron and I are going out to dinner, at Denny's, in a couple of hours.  That should be fun. 

We have the weekend off, which is nice.  What a day. 

5 comments:

Spankadoo said...

Hope you enjoy your weekend. Sorry your pupusa meal was a bust
I found frozen pupusas you can just fry in a pan and they are as good as going out!

Anonymous said...

I'm from the Midwest. What is a pupusa?
Probably couldn't find them in Michigan.

Heather Knits said...

Well, basically a pupusa is a filled flatbread cooked on a grill. The flatbread is made of masa corn flour. The filling is either squash blossoms and cheese, squash and cheese, pork and cheese, chicken and cheese, or beans and cheese.

They come from El Salvador and Honduras. So you generally find them where you have an immigrant population. Miami has the Cubans, Houston has pretty much everyone else.

They are really good, very cheap, and fun to eat. You eat them with your bare hands. I will just remember to either shop at the other store, closer to my house, or go to the one I went to only when the boss is there.

Anonymous said...

Pupusas sound yummy.
How do you pronounce it..poopoosa?

Heather Knits said...

Yup, you got it.

I like them a lot, and we have a lot of Central American immigrants (not just Mexican) so plenty of good places to try. They are only about $2 each, on average, and 2 are very filling.