Friday, October 6, 2017

Don't eat the fritters!

I woke up with a vicious headache yesterday.  So much for the apple fritter.  [bad word]

I still had to work.  I took some excedrin and drank a diet Mountain Dew.  We went to Sam's, bought inventory, took it to work.

Work was pretty uneventful until a customer came and said the machine wouldn't take his money.  Believe it or not, they get more upset about that, than when the machine steals their money.

I opened it up and had a look.  Coin jam.  I later figured out it had some pennies, which will cause a coin jam.

I took out the cartridge.  The cartridge has plastic tubes of coins.  I didn't know the cartridge has a little lever, and if you push it, the cover comes off, and your $20-some dollars in change will end up all over the floor.  Which is exactly what happened.

I cursed a little and began picking up all the change off the floor.  It took a while.  Then I had to figure out how to put the cartridge back together.  Got that.  Then reassembly of the coin mech.  Did that.

The second machine was much easier.  Someone had put gum on a nickel and put it into the mechanism.  It got stuck, caused a jam.  That was an easy fix.

The rest of work was pretty boring.  We went home, I tried to take a nap.  I couldn't.  We went out to Denny's later on and I drank 3 diet Cokes.  When we got home I had to go to bed, pretty directly, because we had a 3:45 pickup this morning.

I did check and found out my Gofundme money came in, so I could start buying Bibles.

I could not sleep.  I tossed and turned for a couple hours, then I just got up.  I shopped for Bibles for a while.

I went back to bed.  I tossed and turned some more, but eventually fell asleep.  I woke up at 2:30 when the alarm went off.  I hit the snooze button a few times, got up, and took my shower.

Back to work.  We had the good deliveryman, and got everything we ordered.  I did some stocking.  Ron hadn't made a long day so that was it.

We came home and I took a nap.  I figured I had about 3 hours sleep last night.  I did eat some chips and take my meds with applesauce (applesauce and chips sounded good at the time).  It worked, I didn't have any problems with it.

I had a GOOD nap.  I woke up after about 3 hours ready to go and full of energy.

I bought the Bibles.  I got 100 whole Bibles, 100 Bible Promise books, 50 Spanish NT.  I can always use Spanish New Testaments.  I still have about half the money left.

I plotted my "Spanish" Bible handout.  I want to hold up a "Biblias Gratis" sign (free bibles, in Spanish) in a densely populated area with lots of Hispanics.  Then hand them all out.

Years ago, a sponsor sent me 4 cases of Spanish whole Bibles.  I have had a hard time moving them.  I think a dedicated handout just for them ought to do it.

And now I'm going to dinner so I'll be back.

3 comments:

Eric H. Bowen said...

Hello, Heather. Got a professional question for you: Our small church on the south side of Houston has an older Dixie-Narco canned soda vendor. Well, actually, it belongs to Coca-Cola, but after we decided to stop paying their inflated prices for soda cans and called to ask them to pick it up ten years ago, they never did. We were having problems with the dispensing even before the flood, and then Harvey did it no favors. Can you recommend a vending machine mechanic in the local area who does good work and will charge a fair price? My email address is easy to find with a Google search.

Heather Knits said...

Hi Eric! We still have your number. Monday I will ask my soda repairman (he works for Dr Pepper) who does freelance work on soda machines. I will also ask my standard repairman (he gets everything else, but he might also get soda machines). The standard rate for vending repair is $65 an hour.

Unknown said...

you have had headaches with apple fritters before havent you? i wonder what it is?