Sunday, October 22, 2017

Torbie on my feet

Two days in one, again. 

I got up at 7 AM (late for me) yesterday and we went to Walmart.  I finally found a canister for the dry cat food, it has a snap.  We should be fine unless Biscuit figures out how to unsnap it.  So far, so good. 

I also got laundry supplies, an air filter, stuff like that.  I bought two canisters (pints) of ice cream, I figured I could enjoy one after I bagged up all the candy.  And, speaking of candy, I bought another bag. 

We came home.  I ate, took my pills, and took a nap.  I was worried #6 would have a party last night; turns out, they didn't.  That means they will definitely have a party next weekend. 

After I got up, I bagged up half the candy.  Full sized candy bar, Scripture booklet, fruit roll up, caramel, and peanut butter taffy.  I remember, as a kid, hearing about the mythical "full sized candy bar" house.  Usually I got "unusual" things like toothbrushes, or, one time, a neighbor gave us carrots she had grown in her garden.  Of course I got a lot of candy, too.  Mom always ate my Milky ways, but I was OK with that. 

I did the candy for a while.  It took some time.  I had to lean forward on a stool while working so I got a little stiff.  Nothing serious, though. 

I finally finished and went to bed. 

I slept in late today, 8 AM.  It's going to be a little while before I can sleep late again.  I got up and took a shower, then finished up the candy.  I ran out of some candy at the end so I was glad I had bought the extra bag yesterday.  I got it all finished, and did my God time. 

By that time it was after 12.  So I ate my ice cream, took my medication, and took a nap.  I slept a couple of hours.  I think Ron woke me up, but he wasn't drunk and didn't mean to do it. 

He is "fighting" with Baby Girl, thinking she isn't cuddly enough.  Torbie is very affectionate, she is lying on my foot right now, and is often found in Ron's bed cuddling him.  So Ron's trying to ignore Baby Girl into being more affectionate.  Torbie got sick of the drama, I think, and left, coming to me on the computer once I got up.  They'll sort it out. 

Now I need to go organize the front alcove, where we open the door, so I can move the bear into position on Halloween.  After Saturday, I will "fix" the door bell so the kids can ring it on Halloween.  The #6 kids have a bad habit of ringing the door bell in the middle of the night if I leave it activated "I want my ball".  They, themselves, told me they never do that with the other neighbors so I have asked for the same courtesy.  So far, so good, but if they don't have a doorbell they can't ring it. 

Besides, I don't like the concept of people showing up at my house unannounced.  I'm probably not wearing a bra and the cats are running around.  I have to fix both before I can open the door to anyone, and then find out it's a JW or someone selling something.  Very annoying.  So I leave the doorbell unplugged. 

Torbie's changing her position on my feet, she's so soft and fluffy.  She's a shorthair but she has very soft fur.  It's so pretty, too.  Tortie-tabbies are always glamorous and gorgeous and Torbie is no exception. 

I often wonder what happened to the black kitten I planned to adopt, the day I met Torbie.  I figured, at the end of it, the kitten had better odds of being adopted than a senior cat.  The senior cat only had 2 days left, and was clearly bonded to both Ron and me.  So I took her, and I haven't regretted it. 

That reminds me, I need to clean their boxes.  I didn't want to clean the box before I did any candy work but I'm done with that now, it is all sealed up in a bag, and ready to go. 

So, I'd better go.  I will miss Torbie on my feet,though. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to see your back off plan on your healthy eating. I am the same way. I am good for a month or more then something happens and I just can't stop eating junk. I also work a small business with my husband but our relationship has degraded to the point that I think we need to separate. Plus I snore because I am fat, but I keep eating because I am upset, so the cycle never stops. He blames me for not getting sleep because of the snoring. I blame myself. And the cycle just goes on and on. I just don't know how to do it. It is very difficult and scary to try and make a new life after 20 years. But I know it is better for me and for him. I still want the best for him but I don't think our being together works anymore. Too much hostility. Too much anger. Too much. I don't blame you if you stay after the New Year. Change is never easy, especially when you rely on each other financially. I am considering going to my parents in Florida for a few months I just don't know if I have the courage to actually do it. Plus I don't want to have to deal with the questions, etc. I really just want to be by myself in my own place. Alone.