Monday, October 2, 2017

Monday

I slept horribly last night.  Ron was up, making noise, and coughing a lot.  He didn't cough at all today, though. 

I slept badly and got up late, but early enough to take a shower.  I did pray a little. 

I fed the cats and got dressed.  I forgot to tell you about my Bible Handout the other day.  I went out to breakfast, came home, and brushed my teeth.  Biscuit started going nuts, begging.  Then I realized I always brush my teeth before I feed him. 

I went ahead and gave him an extra can. 

We went to work.  I was upset to see the bottled vendor wasn't working.  I moved the carts out of the stockroom and had a look.  I saw a bottle of tea, wedged sideways, right by the motor that drives the arm.  I took out the bottle. 

A man approached me.  He wanted to buy a bottle of tea, but all he had was $5.  I made change for him and took one dollar.  I told him I'd give him a quarter off (I already had change in my hand to test the machine), if he "helped". 

I inserted the money and punched up the selection.  It worked!  I did a happy dance and made some noise, because I was happy.  I felt very triumphant.  The rest of the day was uneventful. 

I saw the updates on the shooting in Las Vegas.  I feel bad for the victims, but not surprised it happened.  Like I told someone, I don't think anything is going to beat watching the shooting at my Dad's office on TV, wondering if he was in one of those body bags.  Back then, we didn't have cell phones, we just worried for hours until he came home. 

We left and went to the bank.  I had a bag of tracts and Scripture Booklets in a tote bag.  After we finished our banking (they are getting rid of the business line, now we have to wait in line with everyone else), we left.  Ron called a cab to go home. 

We have a couple of reasons for doing that.  When we are depositing the $1's, it looks like a lot more than it is.  We don't want a driver to come early, come in to find us, see "all that" and go around blabbing to everyone about "how rich" we are. 

About 20 years ago, we had a problem with a cab driver who gossiped to everyone, telling them Ron and I made a lot of money.  We didn't.  We still have problems as a result.  One woman he talked to is convinced we are "rich".  She's the one who lives out of the country, owns her home outright, and got a big settlement, but we're rich.  Right. 

Anyway, there's that.  There's also the "I don't want to wait at the bank for an hour, after I finish my business" part.  So, we call a cab. 

The cab came.  I got Ron settled and headed off to do my evangelism.  I did that.  Then I went to the Jack in the Box.  I got a sourdough jack and some fries, but they gave me the wrong fries.  I decided not to make a fuss because I shouldn't be eating fries anyway. 

A homeless man asked me if I was going to eat them.  I said no and gave them to him.  Later on, I overheard him being very rude to the restaurant employee, and I was sorry I had done it. 

I finished my meal and had Ron call me a cab.  He found one.  The driver was nice, but very quiet.  I reminded myself some people are introverts and are uncomfortable talking.  We got home and I went in the house. 

I took my medication (I didn't bring anything extra when I left), and took a nap.  I slept pretty well for a couple of hours.  I got up and posted updates. 

Someone put some money in my GoFund me account. I'm going to have fun shopping for Bibles now.  I would like to get some King James (because people in the really poor neighborhoods don't trust other translations), New King James, Bible Promise books, and Kid Bibles.  I'll be busy, the shipping guy is going to hate me. 

Ron stopped coughing but he said he felt kind of weak.  I got him to take his medication, and eat.  He seems to be better now, and for once, he isn't drinking. 

I will go to bed early, I'm tired. 

I hope you are having a good one. 

No comments: