Monday, October 16, 2017

My Bibles came!

Last night I noticed my arms are peeling.  It freaked me out a bit, as one nasty side effect from medication can be skin peeling horribly and causing "burns". 

It just appears to be dry skin, the non-peeling part looks totally healthy, albeit a little dry.  Now I should add, I never have dry skin.  I inherited my Dad's oily skin.  Dad, in his late 70's, barely has any wrinkles, so I have that to look forward to.  I may get age spots but I won't wrinkle. 

I debated what to do about the dry skin.  Part of me says this is "my fault" because I made a comment on Facebook about Ron's psoriasis looking "disgusting and contagious".  Maybe.  Maybe not. 

At any rate, I washed with Dove on my arms this morning.  Generally I only use it when shaving my legs because shaving will dry out my legs.  It didn't seem to help.  I still had flakes and peeling.  I put on some generic brand lotion.  That, I think, made things worse. 

I got dressed and went to work.  Sales were pretty slow.  I did all my work and helped Ron.  At one point he called me "lazy".  Not five minutes later, he asked me to do something.  I told him I'd done it.  He asked me to do something else.  I did it already.  I was dying to ask if either task qualified me as "lazy".  I didn't, but I was annoyed. 

Eventually we got it all done and left to go to the bank.  Ron had to deposit money for sales tax.  We were happy to see the bank had brought back the business line.  We made our deposit and left, taking a cab home. 

Ron and I have a natural concern.  What we have, at times, looks like a lot of money, but it's all $1 bills, half of it goes to inventory, the rest goes to taxes, payroll, etc.  We don't get to keep much of that tasty-looking "stack of paper".  One time the paratransit driver came early, saw us with the money stacked up on the counter, and made a big production about how "rich" we were.  We make about as much as I'd make working as a secretary at a small business.  It's enough, since I don't drive, but it looks like a lot more. 

So we have found it's better to finish our business and then call a cab to go home.  It's easier to do it that way. 

Ron was hungry, so he wanted to go through a drive through.  He got 2 orders of tacos.  He ate them and got sick because they are so greasy.  He's an old (62) man, he can't eat that crap anymore. 

I took a nap.  I slept pretty well, I had gotten up at 4 AM.  I got up at 3 and did my God Time (some of it, I will finish when I'm done online), got Ron up, and we went to Denny's.  I wasn't super hungry.  I had gotten some chicken nuggets from the drive through, so I just got some pancakes and had a (diet) soda.  Ron had a diet soda and left it at that. 

We took our time eating.  Denny's is great, in my book, because they don't serve alcohol and Ron won't drink before he goes there.  So I get "sober Ron".  Always a bonus. 

We spent about an hour there and came home.  I have been handing out Bible Promise books to my drivers lately, they are really nice and fun.  Totally Biblical, too. 

I knew a guy (Chuck) who was handing out copies of "The Secret" until one of his doctors told him "I'm a born again and we don't read that stuff". I am very careful that what I do hand out honors God and respects the Bible. 

Dude, I would hate to be on the wrong side of that.  [shudder]

We came home.  I had the bright idea to 1.  Take some coconut oil internally and 2.  Rub some on my arms.  It immediately helped, although I feel oiled up, like a bodybuilder at a competition. 

Since it's going to be "cold" tonight (55F), Ron set the heater to come on at a designated temperature. 

As I was typing all this, I heard some thumps, and then a knock on the door.  I opened the door to find the UPS man getting into his truck.  I thanked him.  He probably moved over 100 pounds of Bibles onto my porch.  I know he did, because the Bibles are over a pound each, and I ordered 100.  Plus a case of Spanish New Testaments. 

I had Ron lure the cats into his room, and then I shut the door, so I could bring in all of the heavy cases of Bibles.  Like I said, several cases, all of them 30 pounds or so, each.  I stacked them up in the spot I reserved for them, right next to the bookcase. 

Then, of course, I had to open a case.  They are just as pretty in person and look fantastic.  The recipients will LOVE them.  They are big, heavy, cases, that's the only "bad" thing. 

It does get me thinking about New Testaments vs. Whole Bibles.  I have handed out thousands of New Testaments.  I don't have a problem with that, I think they share the gospel and that is the important part, they also share basics of Christian Living (think 1 Corinthians 13), and prophecy (Revelation).  They are also far lighter and more compact. 

I can bring over 100 New Testaments on a Handout, where I can only bring about 80 whole Bibles, tops.  With the new Bibles probably only 30 plus some New Testaments. 

I need to pray about that.  I still have Bible money left so I need to figure out what God wants me to do.  On the one hand, I think, He doesn't care, as long as I am handing something Biblical out.  On the other hand, maybe He has something great lined up and I just need to find it. 

And the atheists are gritting their teeth again.  Don't do that, it's bad for your enamel!  (((Hugs)))

Tomorrow I do an All-Spanish Handout.  It should be fun.  We'll see what kind of interest it gets.  If it is popular (they are popular, I guess), than I will be happy to do it again. 

My only problem: I can't find a place to laminate my Spanish sign.  It is so pretty I want to protect it but I may only be using it the one time.

We'll see. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have used clear packing tape to 'laminate' things. Granted, a poster would take a lot of tape to cover, but it is a good quality way when there is no other way to laminate.

Also, didn't you get sunburned about a week ago? Maybe your skin is peeling from the sunburn? I've lost track of how long ago you were burned, maybe it was longer than a week. But that could be the culprit.