Tuesday, June 13, 2017

It's not a will issue, it's an energy one

I'm pretty pleased with myself. 

I got up on time, took my shower, and went to Walmart. 

We paid the electric bill (overpaid it, actually, so we can skip paying next month).  The A/C has been running a lot lately so I expect our next bill will be higher than the last.  It seems like the A/C is always on, lately. 

Then I went to the pharmacy.  Remember when I found those prescription pills in my bottle of OTC painkillers?  As it turns out, the pharmacist was able to identify them as Ron's prescription from last year.  He must have put them in an empty bottle of painkillers, which I picked up. 

I feel kind of sheepish admitting it, but I actually took one, thinking they had reformulated the OTC painkillers.  Which means I took a prostate pill a week ago.  [snort]  I was having my period at the time so I sure wasn't pregnant, and it doesn't seem to have done any harm. 

The pharmacist said she would note that we got our medication mixed up.  Ooops.  I hope that doesn't get to authorities, it kind of makes us look incompetent.  I didn't tell her I took one. 

I did buy a couple more bottles of OTC painkillers. 

I didn't have much time so I left Ron up front, bought things like Diet Mountain Dew, candy for the doctor (I see him tomorrow), and a case of cat food and some little Styrofoam plates to put it on. 

I paid and we left.  Ron agreed he would pay for my medication when it came in, so that's a load off.  We didn't have to wait too long.  They are "updating the system" at the paratransit company so things have been a little tardy lately but today was OK. 

Ron started drinking, but "only had 2".  Then, hours later, he "only had 2" more.  That's what gets him, the cumulative stuff. 

I took a nap.  When I got up I de-hoarded for a while and filled up half our 95 gallon trash can.  I also got rid of a smaller size cat carrier that doesn't fit any of he cats.  It might work for a small cat of a kitten, say Baby Girl the First.  She was only about 5 pounds, fully grown.  But it's way to small for my current gang.  They need large carriers.  Yes, I could give it to someone but who?  I don't know.  It is easier just to put it out at the curb and let someone take it.  It's in perfect shape, I'm sure someone will take it. 

I was very pleased with myself.  I even cleaned off the loveseat in the front room, and that took some doing.  I found places for everything I kept, but I got rid of 95% of my stuff. 

I "let" Ron help too, for instance when I found 2 bottles of Vitamin B complex.  I asked him which one I should keep and I listened to him.  It doesn't matter to me, the bottles were identical, and I don't take enough b-vitamins (besides my daily multi) to justify keeping them both.  Besides, my vitamin box was pretty full. 

Then I took the trash out and left it next to the carrier.  If no one takes the carrier then the trash men will take it.  I won't feel bad about that. 

I always tell Ron, cleaning up is not a will issue, it's an energy one.  If I have the energy I will clean. 

When I bought the carrier, Biscuit and Gravy were a lot smaller.  In fact, Ron and I were kidding around today.  I said we should name Baby Girl "Chicken" and Biscuit could be "Dumplings".  So we would have Chicken and Dumplings.  He liked that. 

I found a dollar store laser pointer in my stash and played with the cats until it broke, then it started getting very hot to the touch.  I took the batteries out and threw it away. 

That's what you get when you buy a dollar store cat toy. 

No comments:

A trip to the hematologist

I slept OK but woke up really tired.  I hit the snooze alarm a few times, much to Biscuit's disgust.  But I'm getting ahead of mys...