Saturday, December 26, 2015

More excitement

Well, that was interesting. 

I really wish Ron had been wrong: "I think" he said "They're going to have another party".  He was right. 

They moved the trampoline right outside my bedroom, I heard the kids but I didn't have the soccer ball going into the wall, either. 

So, screaming kids right outside the bedroom for 4 hours or so.  Adults sitting around, laughing, for another hour.  Then loud polka music as everyone left.  We called the police on that one.

I pray this is not a pattern of more parties, they had 3 just this month.  One may have been the husband/father's birthday party. 

We have severe weather inbound tonight/tomorrow so that should help a lot.  We are also getting a dramatic cold front.  So, if nothing else, I ought to be able to get a nap on Monday. 

Today, just like yesterday, I woke up at 6 AM.  My body informed me it would not be going back to sleep, and I have that borderline bladder infection thing, it's better but I still wanted cranberry juice and "Pyridium" (name brand for a urinary anesthetic). 

I got up, did my God Time, took my shower (not quite as awful today), and we went to Walmart.  I found a kiddie cart.  I had a fun time pushing Ron around.  I got him some batteries and personal supplies, I got myself the aforementioned bladder things, cat food, and some cleaning supplies. 

The cranberry juice (happily on sale) made for some heavy bags, but I got it all into the house in one trip. 

Ron's been gossiping about his book.  I'm not really interested but it makes him happy to talk about it.  This one is a pretty standard romance novel.  "Teen sweethearts grow up". 

I dated a couple of guys in High School:
One became a captain (last I heard) in the Air Force
One was homeless for years, and probably addicted. 
One schizophrenic burned down his parents' house. 

While I certainly wish the first guy well in his career, and pray he is truly happy in love, I don't care to find the others. 

The first guy was a sweetie.  He sent me a truly lovely secret admirer note "You look at the inside of a person" etc.  I never knew who sent it, it took him nearly a year to tell me. 

I'm glad we didn't get too involved because I wasn't exactly stable.  I knew that.  I did "dump" him but in the long run I'm sure he'd feel I did him a favor, especially if "he knew" (I was crazy). 

The second guy said all the right things, tried to be very supportive, etc.  But he was selfish and immature at a very basic level and I could never take it very far with him. 

The third guy, I was manic.  I "got" him to dump me by pitching a fit about him smoking.  I always felt like I dodged a bullet, really did when I found out he burned his parents' house down.  I was in a second floor bedroom and my parents didn't believe in fire escape ladders.  They probably worried I would use it to sneak out. 

And see who?  I just shared my whole love life.  Until I met Ron at age 17, that is.  I snuck out for him, although I couldn't really see him at night.  The bus routes didn't really run late in our neighborhoods. 

[snort]  We figured it out. 

I can't regret my actions back then.  I had an untenable home situation that would not improve when I turned 18.  I had sabotage issues.  My Dad had made it clear I couldn't live with him and see Ron. 

I love Ron: I wanted to see him.  So, the day after I turned 18 I moved in with him.  I didn't give my family any contact information for months, and even after we were on better terms I never let Dad into any of my residences.  Not, at least, until we moved to Texas. 

In Texas, for a modest amount of money, one can rent a fine apartment with dishwasher, microwave, fireplace, and other nice amenities, for, back then, about $500 a month.  That one was all bills paid. 

The duplex had 2 bedrooms, but was run by a slumlord leasing company. 

Apartment #1 had all bills paid, a nice brick wall in the front room, a ton of swimming pools, and a huge bedroom. 

Apartment #2 also had a slumlord leasing company, but I liked living on the 3rd floor (generally). 

All apartments had huge, walk-in closets too.  Most of the apartments were pretty quiet, if someone got out of line with a crazy party the management would have a talk with them.  Generally. 

Someone like #6 would have been evicted.  I do wonder what he thinks about the neighbors 'They can sleep in, like we do"?   "They didn't rake their leaves so it is OK to do this?"  I don't know. 

Speaking of leaves, whatever's left is going to be coming down off my tree.  We have some pretty vigorous dry gusts outside. 

I'm not sure when we get the rain but we are being quoted 100% chance for tomorrow.  A good day to stay home, dare I say, catch up on my sleep? 

I feel pretty good, considering.  I just drank the better part of two quarts cranberry juice, after the rest of the fluid I consumed earlier.  I have the Azo if I need it, and I can see the doc if I have to. 

Ron and I are going out for a fast-food dinner tonight.  I pray it remains dry. 

Lord, I could really use a good nights sleep.  You are doing a great job keeping me going in spite of everything, but I could really use some good sleep at night for a while now.  Please continue to protect my siding from next door depradations.  This, of course, in addition to all the stuff I usually pray everyday. 

Thank you. 

No comments: