Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Finally

Last night I had one of my departure dreams.  In the dream, I'm either checking out of a hotel (last night), going to the airport, or actually getting ready to board my transit to somewhere else.  I often think the departure represents the rapture. 

God knows the times are here, all the signs are present - Christians are being persecuted, signs and wonders, etc.  Read Matthew 24 for more. 

Anyway, I was pretty well rested, as rested as I get.  I got my shower and my God Time.  Ron shut the laundry room door as we left. 

We went to work.  I was annoyed - the driver had strapped Ron's walker into place, halfway back in the van.  The van seats about 10 ambulatory passengers and a couple of wheelchairs.  We picked up a very large man who kept grabbing onto Ron's walker as he moved around the vehicle. 

1.  Touching a mobility device is like touching a person.  And should have the same social conventions.  "I'm sorry" at the least for grabbing it. 

2.  This guy was massive, and the walker is only rated for 200 pounds.  He easily could have broken it, lunging at it and shoving it around as he panted.  I'm sorry you have these health problems, but if you need a walker you need your own walker.  I'm sure he has Medicaid, Medicaid will pay for adaptive equipment.  Please leave Ron's alone, he bought it with his own money. 

I said something to the driver after he disembarked, grabbing and lunging at the walker again.  Although I doubt anything will beat the guy in the wheelchair with huge scabs all over one arm, who decided to scratch by rubbing his scabby arm all over Ron's wheelchair.  Thank God we were going home.  I refused to let the driver or Ron touch the wheelchair until I gave it a cleaning with the disinfecting wipes and Lysol. 

Nasty.

That's the other thing, you don't know what diseases someone may have; and a lot of stuff is communicated by body fluids, like the sweat you're getting all over those handlebars.  [shudder]

So, work was pretty dead.  The bill changer wasn't working.  I kept telling Ron I thought it had eaten a bill but he wouldn't listen.  When he did, it had, and we saved a service call, getting our #1 bill changer back into production. 

No, I didn't crow. 

So.  We went out and Ron lectured me about the driver yesterday, saying he "Didn't appreciate" me telling him to stop. 

"Ron" I told him "I had a migraine.  You were shouting.  Do you really want to shout in my ear when I have a migraine?  That's who I married?"  He got very quiet for a while, then started up with the "Maybe you should stop taking your medication" routine again. 

As bad as I find life in my head, it would be a lot worse if I went off medication.  Not just for me, but for everyone around me.  I told him. 

I also reminded him that I impact drivers and customers if nothing else, and if we want good relations with both I had better keep taking my medication. 

I didn't bother to tell him this, but the migraines aren't just due to medication.  I got about 3 a month before my diagnosis.  When I had good health insurance, the vomiting would get so bad I used to go to the ER and get IV's to rehydrate, . 

It's not like that, now. 

It's just chronic, persistent, headaches with an occasional whopper.  I'm battling a minor headache now. 

We came home.  We had to have the handyman out, again, to fix another thing the insurance company didn't like.  Sigh.  As if we haven't already spent enough this week. 

When we got home, I heard Biscuit screaming in the laundry room.  Ron had locked him in.  Ron, rightly, felt terrible about that.  I think Biscuit is done with the laundry room now.  I was teasing him, holding the door open and inviting him to explore, and he gave me a speaking look as he stalked off. 

I didn't get a nap.  I did get a pizza, and had that with my medication.  My pie is a coconut cream.  It doesn't agree with Ron but I liked it, lots of whipped cream on top. 

I can see why House of Pies is so popular. 

The handyman is here, working on the trim.  I will take a photo and send it to the insurance company, and we will be done for 6 months or so.  Finally. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try ridding yourself of ALL caffeine including the otc pain pills ...buy a bottle of generic asperin and one of tylenol and copy the doses on your otc migraine..just no caffeine... the hard part is when do you have the luxury of wrking your way off all caffeine.? Never you are too busy working that of three jobs no vacations?

It can take over a month cold turkey is best...but you will feel better i swear better ...more overall energy .

Much love merry christmas and gross that people touch your things ...with epidemics out there? No no no! You are on point!

Heather Knits said...

Oh, I've done it. It is hard for me at work because I have unlimited access to diet soda. Ron would get me some caffeine free diet pop, though.

I have found a taper works best. I never had any problems with that. Aspartame is also an anxiety trigger if nothing else, that I know for sure.

I may try this after things settle down. Stop laughing! They will!