Thursday, December 17, 2015

Packages are my job

So far, I've gotten a decent amount of sleep.  I'm still battling pretty bad anxiety.

When I got up to pee in the middle of the night, Torbie had left the dryer, so I shut it. 

I "slept in" and got up at 7:30.  Then I did my God Time and Ron and I went to the pet store.  I bought 25# of cat food, Ron drank coffee at the coffee shop.  I did run down some Kolaches for myself, and a couple of diet sodas for tomorrow. 

I had a lot of packages for our ride home, but managed them all by myself.  The drivers job is driving.  My job is packages. 

We came home and I took my meds, then a nap.  I tried to sleep as long as I could because we have a very early pickup tomorrow - 3-something in the morning.  Since we live within 1/2 mile of a bus stop with very good service, we get a little better service on our hours of service. 

We have some construction projects nearby: they are building a new Burger King, and also a detention pond for our subdivision - an additional one.  Good, we can use it, although it is sad about the trees being razed.  Kind of reminds me of the Ents in Lord of the Rings. 

I don't, however, expect Ents to come to life and start throwing bulldozers around.  I may be fanciful but not that much. 

So, I'm trying to stock up on sleep, as it's been my experience it can be difficult to get a good rest when I go to bed early, like 6 PM.  I'm just happy the kids next door are out of school NEXT week, and not this one.  By the time we have our next delivery, they will be back in class. 

The sink is still broken, which poses some inconvenience.  I'll be glad when that's done with.  We still need to pay some property taxes but they won't send the bill!  How the heck are we supposed to pay it? 

We also have some medical bills Ron needs to pay - all naggling inconveniences.  Plus my endless, late, anxiety about everything in the world.  Basically I just fear my whole life going to hell for some reason.  When I think about it, there are a lot of ways that could happen. 

I haven't checked the siding they were abusing last week, during the party.  I am afraid to see it may be badly damaged and I will have to confront him without being a bitch.  Easier said than done. 

I mean, how to explain basic concepts like "Don't play soccer off my bedroom wall, and tear up my siding.", to someone who really seems to think it is OK?  How does one impute "It is not OK to do this" to someone who won't even shut up when the neighbors call the police on them?    He's not stupid, just selfish and immature. 

It seems futile.  I will, for now, trust that the damage, if any, is not bad.  Worst case I will have to paint it.  But it's one more thing to worry about. 

Ugh.  Since I am undergoing all these spiritual attacks, I really want to do a Bible Handout.  It looks like the weather will be pretty nice all next week. 

It would be nice to strike back. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hate when bills are in limbo..i feel your frustration! If it helps at all? You are doing really really well considering the time year is crazy stressful! I personnaly am on a news black out and allowing myself a few days of peace and joy between now and the first of the year. I feel so seldfish..but i have to so like you with sleep i can " power up" for the next assault on the heart