Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Off whiskey

Yesterday we did our big supply run.  All was well, until I dropped a case of water while moving it from one cart, to another.  I tried to grab it as it fell, only managing to "catch" my left index finger as the case crashed to the ground with a good 40 pounds of inertia.  The water was fine.  My finger wasn't even that stiff, at first, but I was in a lot of pain a few hours later. 

The finger looks fine and it moves OK, albeit stiffly. 

Today I bought a splint and have worn it all day, that's helped a lot.  I seem to be OK typing but if it hurts again  (more), I will put the splint on.  I intend to wear the splint at all times unless I am blogging or washing my hands. 

I'm still depressed, got a lot of attention from Torbie last night which was fun.  While at the store today, I got Biscuit plenty of his favorite food.  I only spent about $50, including $14 worth of cat food.  I bought a lot of TV dinners. 

Ron is "off" whiskey for a while and drinking red wine.  He is really trying to be conscious of portion sizes.  He asked me how much he was drinking today - how many portions.  I told him 8 ounces was about one and a half portions of wine.  Based on his snores that seems to have worked pretty well for him. 

I already took my pills so I don't have to worry about dinner.  Good thing, the Naproxen I took for the pain made me pretty queasy. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's good Ron switched to red wine. At least they say that has some beneficial health properties. If you can locate an organic wine, that's even better.

Julie

Anonymous said...

I will not say that drinking wine is better than whisky ..but whatever it is Ron and he will justify and bargain and whatever but continue drinking and must be loved and appreciated for what I he is in life i guess. Perhaps though it will give you a break from it being "as bad" .

love the videos your hair is beautiful Heather! so are you and the kitties!