Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Apple cart

Gotta love the insurance company:
"
Hello Heather,
 
Thank you for providing proof of fascia repaired. The non-renewal has been removed. The policy is active.
 
We do  notice that window appears to be damaged. Please confirm it’s not damaged. "
 
[quiet scream]
 
So, I did.  Hm.  Now everything's blue.  Oh, well. 
 
I slept OK, woke up, shower and God time, off to see Doc.  We agreed that, in spite of everything, none of the events of the last 3 months had upset the apple cart, and that was a very good thing. 
 
Hey, I fixed it.  Then we met my aunt and uncle for lunch. 
 
I had woken with a nasty headache, which finally abated a little before I saw Doc, but I didn't get my appetite back until we were actually at the restaurant. 
 
Feeling slightly daring, no doubt from my profligate use of caffeinated headache pills (usage approved by Doc), I ordered the chicken strips.  Normally, chicken strips plus my medication equal misery. 
 
However, I was OK, probably because I had French fries in addition to the strips.  I gave Ron the corn on the cob.  My aunt and uncle had lunch specials, and so did Ron. 
 
We exchanged gifts, and she gave us a ride home, which we really appreciated.  I will always accept a ride home (if I know you!). 
 
We got home, the neighbors were gone, and I got a short nap.  I was pretty happy about that, as my meds had hit me pretty hard today (no doubt also related to those over the counter headache pills). 
 
Ron wanted a new belt.  He wanted to go to Walmart and get one. 
 
We are doing a supply run tomorrow, and I don't want that guy staring at my chest again.  I wanted at least one, padded, bra, something I could actually move 40 cases of bottled drinks, while wearing. 
 
Ron called him (!) and we went.  I left the guys in the men's department while I looked at bras.  I hated looking in a rush, but I didn't want to go in just my plain bra tomorrow.  I found two likely candidates.  I have worn one before and it was very nice.  I actually had it in my hospital bag (but the size is wrong now). 
 
The other one is Fruit of the Loom.  I have had good success with their products so I felt OK.  It appeared, at checkout, to be sized too large but when I tried it on at home it fit fine.  It's, they're, in the washer now.  The other one was a little smaller than I wear but my band size has been a little loose, so I felt OK doing that. 
 
And, I was right.  I got one in purple and one in pink. 
 
Now, if you asked me my favorite color I would have a hard time telling you.  I like a lot of colors.  I am not, as a rule, fond of pastels but I do like a little soft pink now and then.  I'm not a big fan of neons, either, unlike my teens.  I live in an orange house and sleep in a curry painted bedroom. 
 
I never painted any other rooms of the house, though, although I have a lot of turquoise in the front room, and fall colors here in the computer room/study.  As I said, I like color. 
 
You can assess my mood pretty well by what color I'm wearing, if it's black or a neutral I am depressed.  Navy, in particular, indicates a pretty bad depression.  Brighter colors indicate an average to manic mood state. 
 
Today I am wearing a mauve top with my black jeans.  I prefer bootcut, but the classic fit are OK too.  I'm not real fond of skinny jeans, being that I am larger and do heavy manual labor.  I need comfortable clothes, not necessarily "cute" or "fashionable" ones. 
 
Classic fit or bootcut.  I don't like the low rise waist either. 
 
I wear a lot of t-shirts and quarter crew socks.  I am usually found in my medium gray work sneakers, steel toe, leather upper, slip resistant.  If I'm not in them I am usually in my flip flops. 
 
I have some cheap sneakers I wear for the Bible Handouts.  I attend a "casual dress" church, so whatever I wear is OK, but I have some medium-fancy sandals (which I wore today).  I don't like to wear them, seeing how I'm married to a blind man and he has a tendency to step on my feet.  That's why I wear the steel toes. 
 
Ron ran over my foot once, with his wheelchair, after I had already broken a toe.  That pretty much clinched the need for steel toes at work.  They are casual enough to wear the rest of the time, too.  I got them at Walmart. 
 
We had a pretty easy checkout, considering.  The cashier was very sweet. 
 
I bought plenty of Diet Mountain Dew to keep my engine running the next couple days.  #6 may "have church" tonight.  Secretly, I hope they have church tomorrow night instead of having the drunken party.  Maybe that's why they had the party a couple weeks ago.  I would rather listen to a sermon. 
 
We'll see.  Whatever happens, happens.  I just hope it is calm tomorrow. 
 

No comments: