Monday, December 14, 2015

I am tired

Whew, long day. 

Yesterday I got up, did my shower and God Time, got Ron up, and watched church on the computer.  Ron may not want to go, but is surprisingly faithful about watching it on the computer.  He likes to drink while he does so but does not get ugly. 

I tried to take a nap, but had a problem.  Biscuit was hogging all the covers.  Sure, I could have shoved him on the floor, or yanked them out from under him, but I didn't want to disturb him.  He was so cute.  He slitted his eyes at me, purring.  He knew. 

I found a wool blanket, my trusty red wool one from 2009, it only cost me $10.  It is warm, soft, and not very itchy.  I used it. 

Later on, I figured out the parental Christmas presents.  Not easy.  As you may know, when you're an adult with living parents what do you get them?  They already have everything, they're not poverty stricken, they can get anything they want.  I was happy with my final selections. 

I was even happier, while digging around on Amazon, to find my Fire Tablet will be arriving this week, two weeks ahead of predictions.  I basically got the 8 Gigabyte model with 32 additional Gigs of memory.  It's funny, I remember the old double sided floppy disks, measured in Megabytes.  I remember my first computer had a 30 Megabyte hard drive.  I remember how Ron wrote code to steal video RAM memory on his configuration, to "feed" his "talking computer" voice. 

People wonder how Ron uses a computer.  He uses a CPU and a keyboard only.  The CPU is connected to headphones or a speaker.  The computer "talks" to him, he can set it to repeat every character he types, lines, or pages.  He uses keyboard commands, shift, command, etc, to "mouse" around on the screen.  No, he does not talk to the computer.  The computer talks to him. 

I have a standard setup, running Windows 7.  My birthday indulgence resulted in a nice monitor, I think about 20 inches.  I have a very nice speaker system that only cost $30.  The bass is insane.  I have to keep the volume down pretty far or Ron complain. 

He has a few songs I hate, so unless I want him playing "Tulsa Time" I'd better "behave"! 

Biscuit has come to visit.  He's done with me now.  It's my hope he will become a lap cat one day. 

Torbie is a lap cat, old, but fiercely independent.  She is very cuddly, on her terms. 

Maybe, Biscuit, one day. 

I slept pretty good last night.  I had to get up pretty early and hit the snooze alarm more than once.  I got my shower, and did my God Time later.  I don't feel too bad about that as long as I am "doing" God before the computer. 

Speaking of both, it's nice to have my hand back. 

We went to work.  I believe the other vendor was trying to pick fights and push my buttons.  I just said 'You're entitled to your opinion" when he accused me, yet again, of "Needing a medication tuneup". 

See, if I have a problem you know who's going to complain?  Ron.  Ron lives with me, spends every working, waking, minute with me.  He sees me more and knows me better than anyone.  If I'm manic, Ron will tease me by making "yaka yaka" noises.  If I'm cranky he says so.  He frets when I'm depressed. 

So, even if I didn't know, on my own, I was absolutely fine (given the circumstances), I also knew that Ron would be the one to tell me if I had a problem.  Ron was fine, I just avoided the other guy. 

Ron was miffed when I told him, and made a point of accompanying me to the stockroom after that.  The games ended. 

Later on, one of his guys was trying to bait me, but I just said "I heard you" and left it at that.  That guy's unreached, I kind of expect that.  But the other vendor knows better. 

However, as I told Ron, I wouldn't want their lives for anything, even if it meant having a totally restored mind and no brain damage.  Ron agreed. 

I actually did work, and helped Ron.  We got our delivery and then left. 

We came back with a truckload of stuff - that's right, "Truck Day!".  I got the carts out, unloaded, got it all in the building, stocked what I could, etc.  That kept us busy for hours. 

I did not get a nap and only recently took my medication.  Things are a little odd in my head, but not overly bad. 

I did get it all done and Ron and I only had one minor squabble.  Happily, not in front of the other vendor. 

I tell you, I am tired.  I sure hope I sleep well tonight. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is " out of line" for him to comment like he did. It is a bulkying behavior to pick on somes mental state and the sign of an abusive person...stay away from him. I would ..not paranoia to be safe. You know when your crazy spikes..you TELL us...and are a stellar patient! And you help validate our struggles as well...
Af$?c! Him!... He obviously has his own diagnosis and is an unkind bully, on to of it.

Kill him with kindness and stay the heck away.