Saturday, December 19, 2015

When both the carts are empty...

I was sure it would be quiet Thursday night.  But they had the guy over - yelling in Spanish, in the backyard, again, some kind of church service. 

I am 98% sure another neighbor broke it up by firing a gun into the air.  Several shots.  Each time.  Did it twice.  Needless to say that broke up the party quick.  You can bet I would never call in a complaint on that guy. 

I will save my opinions.  I will say, though, when this guy behaves the rest of the neighborhood is nice and quiet.  He can't seem to understand he is "that guy".  The one all the other neighbors detest.   No one else has the loud parties.   One lady across the street called them "trash".  The Bible says not to do that so I won't, but I often wish they'd move.  They seem to be decompensating. 

Then I wonder what else might move in?  Someone with a pathological fear of cats, for instance.  Or just hates cats.  Someone who just would be a worse fit than the ones we've got already. 

I fell asleep about 10, slept badly, and had to get up about 3.  I had gone ahead and taken my shower that night when I realized I wouldn't sleep anyway. 

I got up and prepared for work.  Then our ride was an hour late picking us up.  It got to be so bad, they sent two drivers.  Right after we got into the one vehicle, the other showed up.  I suspect he might have made some noise idling and looking for us. 

I'm sorry it might have disturbed the good neighbors, but I saw 2 of them leaving while we waited, anyway.  We get up early, on our block.  That's why we need our sleep at night! 

We got to work and the other vendor was in a truly vile, "control freak" mood.  I could barely get my soda order.  I stayed away from him as much as possible. 

Ron likes to toy with people, a little, and went out of his way to kill the guy with kindness.  The guy thinks Ron is OK now.  I'm the "it", he hates, right now.  All I will say is that he's making his life harder than it has to be. 

We worked, but didn't need to do much.  The manager is having "town hall" meetings and lavishly feeding everyone who attends, so our sales were pretty slow.  The other vendor had a lot to say about that, but it's her (the manager's) facility. 

We're invited.  We don't own the place. 

I did what I could, did an inventory, and determined that yes we would need to do a supply run today.  When both my carts are empty, that's a bad sign.  I store my bottled soda, and water, inventory on those carts. 

We came home, I took a nap.  I woke up after an hour and a half surprisingly refreshed, but I grabbed another hour anyway.  Then I got up and we ran some errands. 

Ron wanted some mall food court takeout.  We got that, and some "itch medicine" for the cats, a systemic that I apply to the cat.  Anything that sucks their blood then dies.  It's pretty cool. 

We came home, I dosed 75% of the cats, and I went to bed early.  Praise God, I could sleep.  I slept nearly 12 hours, got up, and got ready for today. 

I dosed the last cat, ate, showered, took my meds, did most of my God Time.  Our ride was late, again, and had another pickup, a very foul-tempered and brooding woman.  I wanted to tell her it could be a lot worse, but didn't bother. 

We finally got to the warehouse and I got my supplies.  I wasn't able to get as many of my supplies because Ron needed 29 cases of drinks, but I got enough.  I got candy, chips, cookies, etc. 

I checked out and my favorite cart attendant was waiting to help.  One of my other favorites showed up to help, making things go even faster. 

Great.  We got to work and I had to unload it all by myself.  I was annoyed when I caught our driver staring at my chest.  I was wearing a t-shirt over a sport bra.  He was being obvious about staring. 

I moved away and turned so he couldn't look, and stayed busy until he went away.  I also mentioned it to Ron, who will make sure it gets back to the guy. 

It was cold.  I was doing heavy manual labor.  I can't exactly wear a padded bra but I may need to if the guy's going to be a pervert. 

Ugh.  It was the last thing I needed. 

It really bothered me a lot, that he was so obvious about it.  I know some men may look at my butt sometimes, because bending over is a part of my job, and some men like bigger butts.  But you don't need to be so very obvious.  He was practically burning a hole in my chest, and I'm not very observant about these things. 

I got everything in the building and stocked the fridge, getting Ron his drinks.  I did what I could for snacks but yesterday was pretty quiet too, as I expected.  We had a nice assortment of food items and I was happy. 

We left and came home.  Ron called the yard guy to come by and do our yard (we had a lot of leaves) but someone had already done it.  We paid our guy anyway, and he did the back yard.  Since #2 has a lot of people over tonight, I'm guessing it was him.  Some people are like that, they want to fancy up the neighborhood before they have their friends over.  My sister in law says she did that, too. 

Huh. 

I had a headache, I usually get a headache everytime I take my meds.  Sometimes it is small and wafts away, other times it digs in like a persistent, hungry, tick.  I seemed to have the latter.  I think the noise from the yard equipment didn't help. 

I took a dose of aspirin and laid down with Torbie.  She laid on my pelvis as I laid on my back.  I slept that way for about an hour.  I had a pretty good energy level, for me, so I got up and got to business. 

Ron encouraged me to go back to sleep, but I knew I needed to at least do the blog, if nothing else. 

No comments: