Tuesday, December 15, 2015

It's just that hard

It was a busy day. 

I got up and did my God Time.  I watched a little TV, ate, took my meds, took a nap. 

I got up and took my shower.  Now, a couple times a week I wash my hairbrush in the sink, in warm water, with soap, because it gets greasy.  I did that today. 

Imagine how I felt when I couldn't get the sink to "unstop" and drain.  That's right, I have a useless bathroom sink right now.  So many things can go wrong in a home, I never even dreamed. 

I am happy that none of these problems happened when our money was tight, back the last couple years.  Not that it's "loose" but we can afford a minor repair. 

I wonder how long it will last, when we can get a guy to come out and fix it.  The plumber we like said they can't come out until Monday. 

Can I live without my bathroom sink until then?  Yes.  It will prove inconvenient, but livable.  It's not the toilet, thank God, or the shower. 

But it's still a PITA home repair, in addition to the thing the homeowner's insurance wants me to do, too. 

Ugh.  I was already depressed. 

In the meantime, Ron's been going around in shoes a homeless person would reject.  We talked and decided to run an errand today, then go to the sporting goods store and buy him some new shoes.  They didn't sell the Reebok DMX, but they had something else for $15 a pair.  We got him two.  Ron still plans to keep the ragged shoes for hanging out around the house and yard work. 

We called our friend, did that, and went to Burger King afterward.  "We don't have to spend a lot of money" I told him "To have a nice dinner."  He agreed. 

We came home, took out the trash, and Ron fought with the sink for a while.  The "easy fix" my friends swear exist - doesn't.  It looks pretty complex to me!  It also involves a lot of tools and specialty parts. 

Better, I think, to call an expert.  I don't have to do it on my own.  Plunge a toilet, clean the drain lines, you got it.  Mount a faucet filter, you got it. 

Disassemble a drain line?  I don't think so. 

Medicated, I have the brains of a squirrel.  I don't mean that in a cruel way but I have no brains.  It is very hard for me to do complex tasks like home repair and I'd rather not even attempt it. 

I had enough excitement with my new Fire Tablet, which arrived today.  I still haven't figured out how to install the memory chip.  It took me forever just to get it charging, and that's not a slap at Amazon.  It's just that hard.  I assume I'll get the chip figured out, if I don't I'll put it in my cell phone.  If I could get the cover off my cell phone, which I can't, either. 

Agh. 

So, the new device is on the charger.  It has a very nice charger.  I input my wi-fi password, lots of fun, that.  I will work on figuring out how to do various operations on it, eventually. 

But post-medicated is never really a good time for me. 

No comments: