Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Not agonized

Ron did apologize, halfheartedly. 

I didn't sleep well Sunday night.  Monday morning found me at work, stocking and getting deliveries, in addition to assisting Ron. 

Doc's office called, they would see me at 3:15 PM.  Now, I love Doc, but he tends to run late. 

We had a horrible ride home, going around and around for over an hour, before we finally got home.  I barely had time to do my God Time and get a cranberry juice before my cab arrived (I paid for a private cab, to get there).  The weather was miserable, too, cold, windy, and overcast. 

I got there, paid, and waited.  Then I waited some more.  Doc is great, but he tends to run behind.  He takes as long as it takes, which in my mind is a good thing, but it did make for a very long wait with some very, apparently, contagious people in the waiting room. 

Doc and I agree, it is foolish and unsafe to see a doctor for a virus, because the doc generally can't do anything.  They tried to give me a flu shot but I told them they put my family in the hospital (both my brother, and sister).  We discussed my bladder issues 'I feel like someone's shoving a lit match up my urethra" (and my blood pressure was high, I'm sure from the pain), hydration (very good per the test), etc.  He wrote me a prescription for Bactrim, which I can take with no problems. 

When finished, I left and took the bus to my Walmart.  By the time I got there, they had filled the prescription.  I got a few other things, hair ties, more cranberry juice, etc.  I tried to focus on high-value protein foods to build my immunity. 

Ron called his friend to come pick me up.  I had enough time to eat and drink a couple bottles of water before he arrived. 

I pretty much went straight to bed.  I was up most of the night, in desperate pain and trying to pee. 

Today, we had to do truck day.  Our inventory was really low.  I got enough to hold us for a few days, and so did Ron.  I believe he didn't want to make me do a lot of lifting in my condition. 

I still had to work, though.  That was pretty miserable.  I brought a 2 quart cranberry juice and drank that as I worked, then drank water.  All told about 2 gallons for the day, and I still have a dry throat. 

I wouldn't do well on extreme water rationing. 

The cats have been awesome.  Torbie is lying partly in front of my screen, I can't see what I'm typing. 

I do think that was one of the better things I did, take typing in the 8th grade.  I had amy creepy math teacher as the instructor but I did pretty well. 

We finished work, I came home, the neighbors were gone, a good chance of getting a nap, which I did.  I woke up feeling a lot better.  I still feel debilitated but not agonized. 

That's it for now. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so glad you were seen and got the medication
hope you are feeling better