Friday, December 25, 2015

Good Quality of sleep.

I could take a couple different tones.  I could take a positive, negative, neutral, Bible-thumping, or frustrated tone. 

First, allow me to wish you a Merry Christmas. 

God gave me a good quality of sleep last night.  I woke up feeling pretty energized, amazing, considering. 

They started the party at 8, and it went until 1 AM.  The cleanup (complete with Spanish music played at some volume) took another hour.  My earplugs muffled most of that. 

If we lived in one of the haughty neighborhoods he would be in big trouble, not just for the party, but the conglomeration of pop-up awnings, covered with black plastic sheeting.  It looks like a refugee camp.  A few residents cover their back patio with tarps in the winter, but nothing like this.  It looks terrible.  We do have some serious rain forecast Sunday, it will be interesting to see if they withstand "real" weather. 

I lay on my fold-out mattress on the computer room floor, very uncomfortable, listening to streaming Christian music on my computer.  I hope that doesn't run up the internet bill.  I was at least lying down flat and I couldn't hear everything. 

I can't sleep in my bedroom during one of their parties, it is way too loud and they occasionally bounce the soccer ball off my bedroom wall.  Or bounce themselves. 

This time they seemed to keep the ball play to a minimum.  Everyone seemed to be hidden in the plastic refugee tents. 

Yes, we had some rain forecast, but not a high percentage.  It was also pretty warm (nearly 80 degrees today).  I don't know why they were hiding but it did seem to contain the mayhem, somewhat. 

Ron slept through nearly the whole thing.  He said he was awakened by the odd scream but he couldn't hear most of it. 

Oh, and halfway through the party, they had church, then went back to the party.  I don't think they drank alcohol. 

I didn't call the police, even though they ran very late, because they didn't wake Ron.  If they had, I would have.  Not to mention, they don't care.  It's all "Oh, we're so sorry, Officer" and the minute he goes away they're loud again. 

A lot of people, apparently, fire off firecrackers at midnight on Christmas Eve.  Maybe it's a Mexican thing, or a Texan.  It doesn't matter.  They watched the show, I could hear them making admiring noises. 

I stopped doing fireworks after I saw how much it bothered Bubba, a couple years ago.  He was very distressed, so I don't do them anymore.  I don't want to upset any creature that much. 

Up to that point, Ron and I spent maybe $50 total at the Fourth of July, and New Years. 

Sorry, fireworks guys.  Family first.  I am glad no one directly near us is interested in fireworks.  One time #2 (a different family) got very drunk and set off fireworks in the street - some serious ordnance.  Ron and I didn't breathe easy until they were done. 

It is funny for me to think how badly #6 would do in a rental situation.  They would chafe at the rules and restrictions.  He is used to having his own little corner of the universe and running it the way he wants, to hell with the neighbors.  One or two visits from an irate landlord would set him straight. 

Or maybe not. 

There are areas of Houston that would fit him well.  Sometimes I mutter "Why don't you go live on Airline?" when they are particularly low-class.  [shrug]  But he wants the nice neighborhood, and the parties. 

For now he gets both.  Funny thing, I'm sure he thinks he is a really good neighbor, too. 

Enough about him.  I could tell I was (am) fighting a bladder infection, so I tried to drink as much water as possible.  I am really hoping to avoid a doctor visit.  I have had about 2 gallons today. 

Oh, my menu: homemade zucchini bread from my aunt for breakfast, leftover pizza for lunch, the top of a cream pie (the whipped cream part, not the custard), for dessert.  I figure the custard is probably expired, but the whipped cream should be fine. 

I'll find out! 

Ron ate himself sick on cashews and red wine.  Really, it's kind of amazing to think he only had rectal bleeding (which has improved since he drastically reduced his whisky intake).  The way he eats you'd expect something worse.  And he has a ton of really healthy stuff just waiting in the fridge. 

I'm pretty tired (not surprising, but I popped right out of bed at 6:30 AM with no problem), so I plan to go to bed early. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cashews and red winemy stomavh hurts thinking about it! I wish each day Ron will have a " come to Jesus" about drinking and what it dies to him..he is self medicating his pain? Too bad he can not get better treatment for the core problems. But men are tough..mine just popped out of a brutal,2 year depression...ok not popped he had his own " come to Jesus" and asked me one day " am really that toxic?" I said " yes" and he started taking his meds..zoloft and prpanalol..i have my sweet old man again. Butbeach day i fear him stoppin. Men get so mean hotile and lash out at those who love them when depressed and anxious
Sounds like Ron is more mellow with wine..but my heart wishes for peace for you..you work so hard in so many ways. I hope Ron finds his health in sobriety someday
I am not a fan of showers at all..but love a long hot soak with music and a candle
I started reading Broken i couldnt find it! I am a dork itbwas right there!
Be well take care