Thursday, December 24, 2015

Blown out

So, today I donned one of my new padded bras (sad! That a man nearly 70 years old!), one of my performance t-shirts (generic brand), and jeans, and off to the warehouse. 

We didn't know how sales had been.  If "we" could drive, "we" would have gone to work first, had a look, and then gone to the warehouse.  Non-driving, we had to just go to the warehouse. 

Things had been pretty dead so we shopped accordingly.  Imagine my surprise when I got back to "Blown out" (stealing the term from the other vendors) vending machines!  I was pretty busy stocking there, for a good while. 

The bra was pretty "invisible" to me, but I think the band is a little big.  I will try on another in the smaller size and see if I like it better.  It did the job, that's all that matters, and if the guy was staring again he didn't get to see anything. 

I just automatically assume all men are decent; all women are conniving backstabbers.  That's been my life experience, to some degree.  I do have a few women friends now.  That was pretty huge for me. 

I was busy stocking and helping Ron.  You can imagine my horror when Ron accidentally dumped about a quart of change onto the floor.  It was an accident, the door got stuck and when Ron shoved it the coin bucket tipped over.  I spent a while picking it up.  It's been my experience, the broom and dustpan didn't work, but one of my favorite customers came along and helped us.  We gave him a couple free drinks. 

I told Ron my theory on what had happened so he can prevent it in the future.  I also paid some refunds.  I don't know why people lie about when something happened.  I know when I had problems.  It doesn't matter if it happened a month ago, I will still pay the refund, but they always want to act like it just happened.  I don't get that, but I just pay up and say I'm sorry, let them know the problem's been fixed. 

I also made a lot of change.  When I tried to give Ron the money he told me to keep it.  Whoot!  $40.  I accept. 

"Tipping is appreciated". 

We went outside and our driver was in the wrong area.  I got pretty frustrated and said something I shouldn't have, but only Ron, God, and I heard it.  I am sorry and I told God.  Ron called and got it sorted out. 

I found out she had that dispatcher, the one everyone hates.  That made a lot of sense.  He is not known for leaping to assist his drivers when they have a question. 

We went home and I found the neighbor preparing for his party.  Oh.  I had really hoped he might not do it this year.  He just had that fiasco a couple weeks ago.  [groan]  I tried to get a nap and did get a little sleep, but not much. 

Ron suggested I unfold the pull-out.  I did.  Torbie is so excited.  Like Bubba, she is sleeping in a little nook.  I tried to get some sleep but I have the light on.  It is hard to get off the floor (the mattress unfolds on the floor), so I need some light. 

I just don't see how someone who claims to be born again can have drunken parties.  I mean, these people get slobberingly drunk.  He has a huge ice chest full of drinks, and I'm sure mostly alcohol.  He may also be teaching the kids to drink (by example, and availability). 

I know a story of one young teenager who used to drink wine during the parental Christmas party (without parental knowledge or permission).  Not me.  I have always detested alcohol.  But it happens, especially when parents are drunk and inattentive. 

The Bible says, don't be drunk.  Type "drunk" or "drink" into Bible Gateway and see what you find.  64, and 348 references, respectively.  The Bible also talks about drunken parties, in particular.  Don't have them.  Look up "revelries" in the New King James version. 

I wouldn't care if he were unreached; but if you claim to be born again you are held to a higher standard.  Your kids banging on my door at 10 PM at night, when all my lights are off, because you lose your ball....pretty unreasonable.  No, I didn't open it.  I have most of the lights off so hopefully they will assume we are gone, or asleep. 

My aunt swears his church is a good one, but I don't see any improvement.  He's worse, if anything.  Now, you want to see some real Christians?  My aunt and uncle.  If Ron has a blackout in the middle of the night and is potentially physically abusive, they're my number.  They have come right over, 3 times I think, and whisked me off to their house.  They were very nice and supportive. 

Now, I have to admit, I hate alcohol and don't respect people who use it.  My mother was an alcoholic, and damaged me with it.  My husband is an alcoholic, and has damaged me with it.  The last thing I want are more drunks running around on the periphery of my life. 

Anyway, I will endure tonight and get all the sleep I can, in the morning.  Bad weather is coming, and cold, too.  So next week should be pretty quiet next door (please?) and I should be able to get back to a regular sleep schedule. 

Ron's awake now, he had a good long nap.  Good. 

My bladder's been a little weird so I am drinking a lot of water to stave off any possible problems. 

It is funny, I already know all my presents.  My friend (a woman, even!) at work gave me a cute outfit.  She has a good feel for my style and size.  My aunt and uncle gave me some delicious home baked goods and some other items.  Mom sent me a Walmart gift card (she couldn't get my performance t's in time).  Ron bought me plumbing.  Eeek. 

Ron got new plumbing (!), sausage balls from my aunt, and some other goodies from Mom.  Namely, a flash drive and some kind of nut (he hasn't opened it yet, but I didn't tell him of course).  I have been encouraging Ron to back up all his data.  We have all the books for the business, going back over a decade, and all Ron's music besides.  Quite a bit.  He doesn't have any photos of course.  :p 

Ron did not wreck his back, again, wrestling with the bill changer the other day but he did pull a quadriceps muscle in his leg.  Then he did some drunk eating on a large can of cashews, so he's a little queasy. 

We're going to get through this.  On the plus side, anxiety has been way better.  So's the depression.  Certain things - like taking a shower, just suck but maybe they do for everyone.  It's not the shower enclosure.  I have the nicest shower enclosure I have seen.  I just hate the act of bathing every day, yet I repeat it every day like some mindless obsession. 

I think that's why God lets me have the skin infections.  He knows I will shower just to keep those things away. 



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry christmas Heather and Ron! Heather do you still crochet or knit? I remember you sharing your joy in that ! I just started back to crochet after decades...it does come back! I thought i would have to learn all over but i made socks! Anyway ( my ramble has a point somewhere) to try to keep my hands busy and cookies out of my mouth at night! You made a shawl i think? I will look through your shared photos..i want to make a bright cheerful cape or shawl it will probably take me a year.

So glad your anxiety is faded away...it is a very tough emotion to deal with, but you share and push through
You are amazing in your internal fortitude!

Hugs but no touching it is flu season! Lol! Merry Christmas and hoping for a peaceful prosperus new year to all

Heather Knits said...

I have a couple of vicious yarn killers now. I doubt I could get 3 stitches done.

I recall one time I came home and found my entire yarn stash strewn all over the house.

Bubba was a rarity, he confined his predatory instincts to rat-killing and left my yarn alone. I do have a project in a bag when I feel up to it, though. I will have to work on that away from home, but not a problem.

I made a 5 foot long feather and fan lace shawl just waiting, away from home. I gave that one to my adoptive Mom.

Anonymous said...

"Vicious yarn killers" ! I always wondered how folks with cats could knit! Lolol! Imfoundvthebphoto itbwas so pretty...i am going to give it a try and make one...i adore cats and am looking to adopt when one " finds us" like you Heather..i never acticly search... ...animals find me...right now i have a dog, ( who is such SPOILED princess ) two birds .....parrots ...those are NOT easy very loud and while they have a great life in their outdoor avary ...they should NEVER HAVE BEEN TAKEN FROM THEVWILD! ..but they were and then someone was treating so poorly we just took them ...honestly and with permission to get them away from there thinking we would rehome them....35 years ago! Lolol! a pig who literally walked into our yard...literally as an infant..a neighborbwas illegally raising a luah pig in town ( yeah we have crazy neighbors too) and a small flock of ducks and chickens. (we rescued from a methhead ... They lay soooo many eggs! our neighbors ALL get lots of free fresh eggs...they are so good?..but everyday is an egg hunt! ...we made a deal when we got married..all our animals were rescue pets all someone elses " discards" so sad but they are spoiled rotten now! Lololol...you are a dear soul and your love of animalscand people comes out in your writing..thank you