Monday, December 21, 2015

A day so awful...

Sometimes, I have a day so awful I don't even want to write about it. 

The migraine woke me up in the middle of the night, and I finally got up at 2 AM to address it with OTC pain pills.  I couldn't even think of a shower, much less God Time, and nearly vomited on the way to work.  Then I got to do all my heavy stocking and lifting duties while I suffered. 

We had a ride with one of the worst drivers in the fleet, he is very confused, a timid driver (very bad in Houston), and nearly got me shot 3 years ago shouting at a gangbanger who then pulled a gun and pointed it at my head.  Needless to say, I did not relax until my feet were on the ground at work. 

I did all the aforementioned work, with the headache.  I will say the machines looked good when I left. 

You have probably met one of those personalities in your travels.  One of those very stubborn, independent, no-ones-going-to-tell-me-what-to-do types.  I married one.  We also had one as a driver. 

He was sick.  Pray I do not catch the cold, if you pray.  If you don't pray send me good wishes at least for a healthy immune system. 

Ron complained about that.  Ron complained about the music.  Ron got positively ugly when the guy took back roads to get us home. 

I, in the meantime, am battling the migraine and really don't want any raised voices.  They began to argue.  Ron was so awful it's a blessing the driver didn't pull over and throw us out.  The driver was coloring within the lines; they are given some latitude and he was using it. 

He was a lot safer than our first driver and a pleasant enough fellow when Ron's not shouting at him.  Agh. 

I ended up ordering Ron to "Shut up" and begging them both to please be quiet, I have a migraine.

You know, I really didn't think my day was that bad until I started typing this all out.  We got home.  I put the pie away (the sandwich company gave us a pie from a famous bakery, today), and told Ron I was going to bed. 

Ron decides to call in a complaint about 20 minutes after I went to sleep, right as I was falling asleep.  It kept me up.  I was Not Happy but at least he wasn't pointing it at me. 

I did feel sorry for whoever had to listen to him. 

The plumber called a little after that - so no nap today. 

Our shutoff valve was leaking, in addition to the bad p-trap and busted pop up assembly.  All told, that cost $666 but he gave Ron the senior discount.  Still cost $605. 

Ron had been wanting to give me something "nice" for Christmas.  I guess that's it.  It is all nice and shiny under the sink.  Although he says we need a new sink, but we can't afford that now.  When we do the kitchen, I'm just getting a new faucet only.  God only knows what they have done to the PVC under the drains - probably the same thing they did to the one in the bathroom.  It all appears to be functional, and has been, for the last 11 years so we will leave well enough alone. 

I am going to order pizza.  I am going to eat it and take my pills, now that I can abide the thought of eating.  I have already taken megadoses of immune system boosters, and a 50 gram protein shake.  I want to give my soldiers plenty of ammunition to fight this off. 

Pray God I will sleep well tonight and no migraine. 

I think, all things considered, He will understand me skipping my God Time. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh dear sweet Heather yes hope you are better soon and can enjoy your pie! what kind did you get and how wonderful free pie is always good in my opinion. Know there is a light I have not had a migraine still (I am the one who told you I stopped having periods and my cyclic migraine got worse for a while at the end but then stopped when the periods stopped and I am not a year yet but thin I am "DONE" blessed relief not having them

but I was able to use sumatriptan when it came out before that I used prometazine and ibuprofen …I am so sorry and truly do empathize ..because I know and do not know how you manage all you do with the pain and nausea ..you are one hell of a strong woman!

Merry Chistmas dear Heather! much love peace and happiness Happy Solstice as well