Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Work-related

I woke up with yet another migraine, but I started my period last night.  Hopefully today is the last day for a couple of weeks. 

"I don't get cramps anymore" I mused "I just get migraines.  I think I'd rather the cramps!" 

I took my OTC headache pills and went to work. 

"Your freezer's broken" I was told.  I went and checked.  Not only was it warm, water was leaking out the bottom.  Well, the repairman had told us we had to defrost it, in order for him to do a system check.  I hadn't wanted to do it due to the leaking all over issue, but that was pretty much done now so I see this as a good thing. 

Except for tomorrow's bill, whatever that is. 

First, though, we had to go to the warehouse and get out supplies.  Moving things with a by now just nasty headache was pretty awful. 

I did buy myself, with my own money, and paid sales tax on: a case of diet Mountain Dew cans (I love the stuff), a case of energy bars, and a soda. 

I like to have something "better" (ie with protein) to eat at work, when I'm doing heavy labor and tempted by all our delicious treats.  The soda came home, for "breakfasts".  I drank the fountain soda as we loaded the truck. 

The rest was all work-related.

We went to work.  I already told you about the freezer.  They were polishing the floor, which involves nasty solvent stripper and really evil smelling polish/wax.  Not fun with my headache. 

I stocked.  I got everything but pastry, which I will be getting tomorrow when we have the repairman. 

I also helped Ron, he says sodas are slower due to the cold weather, but I think people are just buying them elsewhere.  No one wants to get out of the car in the Houston heat, in the summer, just to buy a drink.  But when the high is in the 60's and it's mild, why not. 

At any rate we both got it all done (except for pastry). 

My pants kept slipping.  I am now wearing a belt.  I have a fake black leather belt with grommets, kind of industrial looking.  My usual attire is jeans and some sort of plain t-shirt, so I think it's appropriate. 

I do love my dark grey steel toed sneakers.  Steel toes are a must when I have a blind boss in a wheelchair.  He is always running over my feet, but so what. 

I need to "install" my purple shoelaces, then they will be perfect. 

The cats did not bring me any treats, that I know of.  I have been finding mosquitoes in the house, but I figured out there's a small gap in the side of the cat door.  It's probably letting them in, so it's easy enough to fix that.  I recycled plastic shopping bags as weatherstripping, and poked it into the gap with a butter knife.  It's what we used to do with the front door.  It had massive air leaks, before we got robbed, the door destroyed, and a new one donated by my church. 

It should keep the mosquitoes out, and keep the electric bill down as well. 

I'm still using my heated mattress pad.  The cats enjoy it too. 

After work, we came home and I got a short nap.  I woke up before the alarm, feeling as though I must have overslept.  I hadn't, but I only had about 5 minutes until the alarm.  My headache persisted so I had to take more medicine. 

We went out to dinner at a BBQ place, we had a lovely date night.  I got fried catfish, figuring while I didn't have much appetite, if I started eating I'd be glad I had it.  And I was right. 

I got 2 sides, so I gave Ron some loaded mashed potatoes, which he loved, and I had a mac and cheese.  They forgot I had already gotten my sides and brought more, so Ron basically had a little of my catfish, and double loaded mashed potatoes, for dinner.  Not exactly high fiber but he is very happy.  He also has a half pound each of spicy sliced sausage, and chopped beef in sauce, to eat the next couple days. 

I got 2 huge slabs of fried catfish (cornmeal), ate one (took my meds!), and saved the other one, and my second mac and cheese, for later.  Ron ate one of his jalapeno cornbreads and I have a regular cornbread muffin for later, too. 

When I got home Gravy was begging for my food.  I opened the takeout container and he ignored the fish, hauling off a macaroni noodle and licking it dry. 

Huh.  Never figured he'd do that. 

He's really the only one who likes people food, which is good.  I don't want a faceful of beggars, every time I sit down to dinner. 

I put my belt on my jeans so I can dress easily tomorrow.  It is comfortable enough.  Normally I am not a fan of belts, but my pants were really sliding and I don't want to show my underwear. 

Especially when I'm having my cycle.  Ew. 

No comments: