Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I need a hamburger

I got my test results. 

Lithium level: .59 (perfect)
A1C: 5.3 (not even prediabetic!)
Livers and Kidney (grin): all in normal range. 

Good.  I don't need any more trouble in my life. 

This morning was frustrating.  Ron had called Sam's, and the other store said they had Pepsi in the 16.9 ounce size.  Ron made a trip to go there this morning. 

They did not have it, they only had the 24 ounce size like our regular store.  I did buy some granola bars.  Then we had to wait over an hour for a ride to work.  Neither of us were very happy about that.  I got out my knitting and added about an inch and a half to the project.  The point protectors work very well for "storing" the half knitted row on the straight needles. 

One of my "boyfriends" - a very nice man I am friendly with, picked us up so that made it better.  We got to work and got started. 

Someone started yelling about the bottled vendor.  It had a glitch.  God helped me fix it and it was working fine when we left. 

Snacks didn't need a tremendous amount of work, so I finished that quickly and then helped Ron fetching drinks, etc.  When we left, we had to wait a while on our next ride.  However, the weather was nice. 

I reminded myself they will be making "our" bench soon. 

I thought about getting out the knitting again (I have done so much knitting just waiting on rides), but didn't.   I think I only worked, like, half a row. 

Finally, our ride arrived, and it was my favorite Metrolift driver ever.  He has a great attitude and loves classic rock.  Ron and I have told him we will "steal" him if we ever win the lotto.  I would love to have him as my personal driver.  He is a really nice family man, too. 

We even had a straight ride home.  I checked my email, not really thinking the lab had any results for me. 

They did.  Good ones. 

Well, my BUN was a little low but I drink a lot of water.  I'm not going to worry about it, the internet says that is uncommon, and another webpage said a reading of 6 is not unusual.  I'm not worried because they ran "a bunch" of tests and the other ones were all fine. 

I took my nap.  I woke up with a headache. When I took my headache pills, I saw I was pretty low.  I won't be able to get to Walmart for a couple days, and I was craving a hamburger.  I need a hamburger every week or so. 

"I'm a hamburger girl" I'd told Ron earlier, and I am.  I love a good burger.  I don't need steak, and chicken often makes me queasy, but a good burger is always "just right". 

I decided to have a little outing.  There's a McDonald's on a busy street, right across from a grocery store, on my bus line.  I could get my burger and then some headache pills. 

I walked to the bus stop, rode the bus, and got my burgers.  I got the junior ones.  I could have just eaten one, I realized.  Next time I will.  I got two and greedily ate them both. 

I didn't get any fries, just a large diet beverage. 

Then I went to the grocery store.  I got a small bottle of name brand Excedrin, and some BC powders (they taste awful but can be taken without a beverage).  I got Ron some Creole Onion Kettle Chips.  He ought to enjoy them.  He was asleep and had the phone off.   He's still sleeping. 

I left and came home, a bit of a wait at the bus stop.  When I boarded it was standing room only.  Good.  If it's a busy route they will keep it and maybe expand the service. 

I added $5 to my card.  I have $24 on it now.  I ride for 60 cents a trip with free transfers for a couple of hours, so that's a lot of riding.  I try to keep it around $20.  I can go nearly anywhere on the bus, but I need fare to do it! 

They don't have unlimited passes in Houston like they did in CA.  I even had a combo pass for the bus and commuter train, two zones, before we moved.  Out here we basically have to pay for each trip. 

But, I'm "disabled" on their books - the only accommodation I have ever taken for being disabled, so I pay half fare.  I'll take it. 

I think I deserve that much.

No comments: