Saturday, February 27, 2016

When Torbie lets me have it

Gravy doesn't like Disciple, the group.  When I put my music on he covered his face with a paw. 

Ron's asleep, Baby Girl is sitting behind me, Biscuit's on one couch, Gravy's on the other.  Torbie has taken over my chair. 

Last night I was watching a movie with Ron.  I can work a crochet Granny Square while watching TV, God knows I have made literally dozens of Granny Square afghans.  I am working on the shades of blue + black one right now (the one in the photos with the big black square in the middle). 

Anyway, I was doing pretty well until Torbie got up on me and decided to lie down on the nice, soft, "warm" in my lap. Frosty (the white cat) used to do EXACTLY the same thing, not long before he died.  So I'm not liable to put her on the floor. 

I hope I never cry over a dead cat, wishing I'd let them spend more time in my lap, that I'd pet them more, that I'd let them sleep in my bed.  That would be awful. 

The ones I have lost, I was able to say I gave them pretty much everything they wanted, including a painless exit.  That's the only time I ever wish I had a gun - when I have a dying cat on my hands, and I'm waiting for the [censored] cab to take me to the emergency clinic. 

I've been meaning to talk about Apple.  I have NOT been happy with the government wanting the key to unlock Apple phones.  I believe that violates the 4th Amendment.  I applaud Apple for fighting this.  If I didn't love my Cricket so much I'd buy an Apple.  That, and I doubt my ability to figure out the OS. 

"But he's a terrorist" has been used to cover a lot of sins already, and at some point you need to stop.  Anyone who might have been caught probably figured out it was time to run when the guy went out in a "blaze of glory".  They have gone into hiding and are not going to be found in an address book. 

At the end of the day, I am an evangelical constitutionalist.  Not too happy about the "birthright" thing in the 14th, but other than that OK. 

I do feel sorry for the baby.  I hope they don't try to program him to become a "martyr" like his parents.  I hope he has a good life and a happy one. 

Torbie has been stealing my chair.  I have a plush chair - I sit in it to watch TV.  It is comprised of cushions in a wooden frame.  The covers have been scratched half to death by my wild gang.  But it's comfortable and it's my chair, when Torbie lets me have it. 

I woke up before my alarm today but went back to sleep.  Biscuit likes to sleep with me because he knows I will give him his seafood, or his "livers", whatever's around, first thing.  When the alarm went off, I gave him some Seafood (we're almost out of "livers"), and he gobbled happily.  He then indicated the water bowl was low, which I remedied. 

Unlike Torbie, Biscuit has figured out a good spot where I won't roll over on him.  Torbie wants to sleep by my right knee, and storm off in a huff when that doesn't work.  Shoulders!  Either shoulder would be great! 

But she's a cat, which means stubborn. 

I got up and took my shower.  I didn't do my God time, I meant to do it later, but I forgot when I turned on the computer.  Once I post this I will do it. 

I just went through my email.  Boy that is interesting, weeding through all the spam.  Did you get the "Hi hun" email?  I didn't open it.  My contacts know email is the very worst way to get ahold of me. 

Text me.  Call me.  Don't leave a voicemail, leave a text.  I will get back to you. 

Here's another thing I see: brown diamonds.  They used to be considered the most undesirable color, and only used for industrial purposes (mainly cutting and grinding).  But a mine in Australia produces a tremendous amount of brown diamonds every year.  What to do?  "Let's call them chocolate diamonds!"  So they have these huge promotions and half naked women caressing brown diamonds in their cleavage and they are the most worthless color.  I find that highly amusing. 

If you have a brown diamond, I'm sorry if I insulted you.  I will say they are at least (usually) conflict free and mined with ethical treatment of workers.  If I wanted a diamond, that would be very important to me. 

I like my cheap metal wedding rings, titanium (some) and tungsten (the one I'm wearing now).  Tungsten can break if dropped, it's a ceramic (I don't pretend to understand that), but I've had it for over a year with no problem.  It's a nice shiny silver color and it doesn't scratch.  I'm happy. 

Depression is back, but not too bad.  Yet. 

I think I'll go watch a movie with Ron.  He's up. 

No comments: