Monday, February 8, 2016

I just use a belt

Today was a better day at work. 

Ron seemed resolved to be more cheerful and appreciative.  I have to admit, the cynical part of me wondered if that was because the boss was coming, later, and Ron didn't want to make a spectacle. 

At any rate, he was nice. 

We got up early, I took my shower.  I'm not back to shaving my legs yet, it's not capri weather. 

Interestingly enough, I don't wear long sleeved t-shirts.  If it is cold I layer a jacket over the short sleeved. 

My definition of "cold" has changed drastically, either due to menopause or the Wellbutrin (antidepressant).  Either, or both, could be responsible for the hot flashes.  I have pretty typical hot flashes, during the day, but nothing at night.  I will get warm and throw off my covers but no night sweats, happily. 

I like to sleep, and nap, with my heated mattress pad. 

I got to work, stocked (it didn't need much), helped Ron (he didn't need much), and organized our area to impress the boss. 

The boss came a little early, and we had a good yearly review "Our best ever".  Good.  We work hard, Ron especially, and it's good to see him get a little recognition. 

He will be taking away the broken fridge/freezer combo unit and bringing us a double fridge unit, instead.  We hope.  He's not sure, but he knows that's what we'd like.  We can put a lot more drinks into a double fridge, and we don't use the freezer side anyway. 

He may bring us some other equipment, possibly a coffee machine (I hope not) and a food machine (the one we have works but no more parts are available save the ones we scavenged a few years ago when we sent back an old one).  If they do, we'll replace the old food machine, I suppose, and rehome the parts we have in the garage.  I'm not sure if we'd give them to the repairman, or the state.  I don't think the state guys want the parts.  If they give us permission we will give the parts to the "good" repairman. 

Coffee machines are complex and difficult, and everyone is unhappy because they have differing opinions of "the perfect cup of coffee".  I remember we started using stronger beans because someone complained it was "too weak".  Then we had complaints it was "too strong!"  [rolleyes]  Anyway, I'm not going to worry about it. 

All our other machines have their glitches, but I make them work.  My favorite: the snack machine, #2, we call it.  I pull out a button to enter programming mode.  While in this mode I do accounting functions, set prices, etc.  When I exit programming mode, I push the button back in, and the machine literally throws 2-3 random items at me.  It makes me laugh every time.  I pick them up, restock them, and shut the machine. 

I can always use a laugh!  #2 is good for it, every time! 

Soda 1 has a weird door lock, and tends to coin jam.  It can also give inaccurate accountability readings.
Soda 3 is actually well behaved. 
Snack 3 won't give a nickel back on a transaction.  It will give any other change but a nickel, so I modified my selections so people either get no change (on purpose) or a quarter.  Two repairmen remain baffled. 
The Rowe food machine is old, and people tend to break the doors.  Which aren't made anymore. 
Soda 2 is very reliable. 
Snack 1 has a little trouble loading the coin mech. 
Snack 2, as I mentioned, likes to throw inventory at me when I exit the programming mode. 

You get the idea. 

We came home and I took a nap.  When I woke up I did more accounting stuff, the blog, God Time (not in that order), watched a movie with Ron (not a very cheerful one), and got rid of some clothes. 

I have a large donate box in the front room, and I'm filling it up.  If it doesn't fit, not a color I'd wear, etc, then it goes in the box.  Stuff I will wear, in smaller sizes (down to about a 12) are staying, but if it's not something I'd wear, even if it fit...

I am currently a baggy 22.  I may fit into a 20 but I haven't checked. 

I just use a belt for the 22's. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have convinced me, I need a heated mattress pad can you tell us where and what type you own?

Heather Knits said...

Well, I live in Houston. I got mine at Walmart some years ago. It's generally only a 3 month cold shot here.

Let me go look. "Sunbeam Warming Queen Mattress pad".

I think they run around $100 American these days, for a queen. Mine has two controllers and goes under the fitted sheet. They also have "foot warmer" pads which would also work great. I always have cold feet.

The cats tend to sleep on the left side so I turn it on high, then I sleep on the right with it on medium, a quilt, and a light cotton bedspread. I also have a fleece blanket if needed but I generally just wad that up and throw my leg over it.