Thursday, February 18, 2016

That #6

I slept OK but woke up tired.  I had a headache.  Biscuit was begging for his num-num.  Spellchecker doesn't like that one (snort). 

Anyway, I got the cat fed, myself showered and dressed.  I did some of my God Time (did the rest later before I got online). 

We went to the warehouse and got supplies, then to work, stocked, came home.  I took a nap.  Ron wanted to go to the mall to get some takeout, that didn't work too well.  We ended up waiting an hour to go 4 miles. 

[sigh]  Ron was apoplectic.  I finally told him "I need you to stop".  He did, to his credit, for a while but he started up again. 

He was kind of needy, too.  Just when I was getting to the point of "LEAVE ME ALONE ALREADY!" he went off and found something else to do. 

I think, like small children, he has an instinct for when I've had enough.  He's pestering the cable provider right now. 

Interesting: the other day, when I had my blood test, the tech told me her mom is bipolar.  Today one of my drivers told me her brother is bipolar, and asked for advice.

I told her:
1.  Take meds consistently. 
2.  Remember side effects are worth it.
3.  No drugs or alcohol. 

I'd give that advice to anyone. 

I am about to do a Bible Handout in the 5th ward.  It is one of the worst neighborhoods in Houston. 

SW Houston, Fondren/Bissonet: done that.
Acres Homes: done the HELL out of that, literally.  Closest to home. 
Sunnyside: did it once, the rides each way were awful and Ron refused to ever go again. 

Now, I haven't done 5th Ward, which is in the Northeast part of town.  The other day, I saw a news story about a man shot in his car, while driving, who wrecked near Collingsworth and 59 (5th ward).  They had an aerial view from the helicopter.  It has a beautiful, huge, median, and a Burger King. 

Ron and I love Burger King.  "The worker is worthy of his wages". 

I have wanted to do 5th ward for years now.  I haven't because I didn't know a "good" corner.  Now I do. 

Best of all, if I wanted, I could even take the bus there each way.  It's only 2 buses.  That #6 is great, it runs everywhere. 

Excellent. 

I'll let you know how it goes tomorrow. 

No comments: