Tuesday, October 7, 2014

I did a bad thing to the label gun

Ron kept waking me up after I'd gone to sleep, so I got shorted. 

I had to think it was the devil using Ron to mess up my sleep, make me sleep later, and skip my God Time, so you can bet I got up on time anyway.  I got my shower and my God Time. 

We went to the warehouse, but paratransit screwed up and I only had 20 minutes to shop. 

Have you ever tried to buy $130 worth of inventory, find the elusive trail mix, check out, and bag everything up in reusable totes?  It was pretty ugly but I did it. 

We went to work.  The bottled vendor is down.  As a result, we had to do a lot of extra labor.  Basically, I had to do about 5 hour's work in 3 hours.  I just got it finished but Ron and I were arguing on the way out. 

I hate it when people see us arguing, come up, and ask "how we're doing". 

We're fighting, OK?  Leave us alone. 

I didn't say that of course.  For one, he was a postal cop. 

I wanted to. 

We got our ride home.  We made up.  I took a very short nap. 

We got up and went to the Spaghetti Warehouse downtown.  I got very nostalgic for Bubba (the black cat) when I saw a huge sign for Black Cat something or others.  It had a huge black cat that looked just like my Bubs. 

We met a friend, the one who gave me this computer.  We had a great meal. 

We had a good ride home, too. 

I did leave a message for my friend - the one who works for the other vendor.  "I did a bad thing to the label gun." I started. 

Hopefully he can fix it.  It's "our" label gun so it shouldn't be a problem.  If he doesn't mind.  I might very well object - you broke it... but he's a nice guy. 

So, we have to work tomorrow now, too. 

It was going to be our day off.  Maybe we can get Friday.  Thursday looks to be truck day. 

No comments: