Thursday, October 2, 2014

Where I stand

I think I'm starting to see a little more mania, these days. 

I was cycling between the mania and a depression, today. 

Overall, not a bad day.  I finally started my cycle, days late, may menopause be imminent. 

Lately I've had more sharp, stabbing pains instead of the duller cramps.  It was also late, and as I've said I basically wrap up the whole cycle in one day. 

I wish I could have had that for the last 20+ years. 

I took a shower, still remembering the horror of sewage in my bathtub, but I reminded myself I used up nearly all my bottled cleaners cleaning the tub yesterday.  I forgot to put a razor in the tub, so I had hairy legs all day. 

I was clean and presentable.  Ron even took a bath.  I was bad, I teased him and said "Wait!  You're not in the tub are you?  I never cleaned it!" 

"Too late now" he replied, as he went back to washing between his toes. 

I started giggling, as he snorted. 

I had to wonder at the day I'd have.  My God Time readings basically said "Watch your mouth".  Hm.

We went to Lifeway to get a case of Bibles.  I am a Bible whore.  I will take as many as I can get. 

Ron complained about the long wait for our pickup.  "You know" I told him slyly.  "I'm going to need more.  But if you buy me a case I won't need to come back as soon." 

Ron began mumbling I was going to hell, as he asked the total and dug out the money.  I bought 2 cases.  I was pretty medicated and it was apparent. 

God uses weak people.  I'm fine with that.  I explained (to the "new" guy) I was "A whole bucket of crazy, and required serious medication."  That pretty much covers it. 

Our ride came.  The driver was very curious about the Bibles and I gave her one. 

We went home. 

Baby Girl had a busy day.  She ate a bird, and a lizard. 

Sometimes she'd come home and didn't want treats, which greatly worried Ron.  Now we know.  She got her own treat. 

I got not one, but 2, spotted tummy rubs from my Baby Girl.  That made my day. 

I put up the Bibles, and we went to Walmart.  It went pretty well.  I got Driver Candy because a sponsor had given me a heads-up.  The business owes me $4, and Ron owes me $8, for beef jerky. 

I'll get it later. 

As we were leaving, I saw a woman hanging into the window of a Metrolift cab.  I knew she had mistaken our driver for a standard cab driver, and the man with her kept yelling at the driver to "Get on the radio and send us a cab". 

"It doesn't work that way" I said tersely "She can't help you with that." 

The woman turned around and glared at me, so I pushed Ron forward.  Ignorant people are weird about touching a stranger's wheelchair and it forced her to back off. 

I spoke to the driver "Are you here for us?"  She nodded. 

"Let's get him loaded." I replied. 

No, the other woman wanted to monopolize my driver.  They had a very long and intense discussion, lasting at least 5 minutes.  The woman finally left. 

"Did she make you explain the entire Metrolift program?" I asked in amazement.  The driver nodded. 

Later on, I remembered them.  The man had walked into the store in front of me, and gone down some aisles ahead of me.  He reeked of ashtray.  It was overwhelming and disgusting. 

I'd also seen them a month or two back.  They called a cab.  When it came, they ditched it in favor of a "free" ride they'd just been offered.  The driver was understandably very upset, and told them "I won't forget this, and I'm telling the other drivers!" 

I have no doubt they were having trouble getting a cab.  That's pretty much the unforgivable sin, calling a cab and then taking another ride without calling to cancel.   The only thing worse is taking the ride and not paying. 

After I got the big scary blind man in a wheelchair loaded, the other woman came over to me, speaking in a low and menacing voice.  I ignored her, but she kept bugging me. 

"I didn't appreciate what you did earlier!" she yelled.  She implied she wanted to beat me up, I forget the words. 

She concluded by saying that because she loved Jesus, she was going to over look the egregious offense (of saying the paratransit driver couldn't help her with a cab problem).   She was going to let it go, but "I should really be more careful in the future". 

Threats.  Mixed right in with the name of Jesus.  She also reeked of ashtray, but not as bad.  Nice.  I'm pretty sure she committed a crime. 

I just got in the vehicle, and asked the driver if she could take the window lock off so I could roll up the window.  She did. 

Now, as a Christian, if someone offends me, I don't confront them.  I don't give them hostility.  I just forgive them "Where I stand" so to speak.  I don't make threats either. 

It was apparent she was a malignant narcissist and very upset I took the attention "offa" her, and "told her what to do". 

It does remind me why I so strongly prefer a 6 AM trip to Walmart, if at all possible.  I just wanted to sleep in today; but I'll remember this. 

We got home.  I took my toxic things out of my bag and set them aside.  I have tons of Driver Candy to make up goodies. 

In fact, about an hour ago, my doorbell rang and I got yet a third case of my favorite evangelism Bible.  That's a good day. 

I'm sure glad scary chick didn't stab me.  It would have made it hard to do a Handout! 


No comments: