Monday, October 20, 2014

Monday

I desperately wanted to go to bed early, but the neighbors had a guest over, with kids, and they all played out back by my bedroom until well after 7 PM.

Kids are going to do that, and they were pretty quiet, but there's no way I could have slept.

If I could go back in time (assuming I had a bigger budget and I could drive), I would get a big piece of land and a small mobile home, out in the middle of the country, with a nice tall fence.  It's just a little too personal hearing people talk while I'm lying in bed.

Anyway, I got "about" 8 hours, woke up tired.  I hit the snooze button a few times and figured I wouldn't have time for my God Time, but I had more time than I thought.  I did it and even had a whey protein with breakfast. 

Our ride was late, for work.

We barely made the sandwich delivery.  Happily all machines were working and didn't need much stocking.  I determined I DO need a full resupply on snacks.  I did a basic stock on snacks, serviced the food machines, and helped Ron.

I wasn't worried, we'll be back tomorrow.  

Time to go.  We left.

When Ron and I had talked about going to Home Depot after work, I assumed we would do just that.  No, Ron replied, we were going home (we ended up having a 2 hour layover), and then to the store, in case "They left us there too long".

I told him, at one point, "We would have been home by now even if they left us there 2 hours, and we haven't even left yet."  I wasn't bitchy about it, just resigned.

I am cycling between mania and depression today.  I just want to sleep and "turn off" (depression), and I have all kinds of interesting ideas (the mania).  It's wearing on top of the depression.

Torbie sat on my chest, purring, eating the odd treat, as I watched "Supernatural" and then part of "Castle".  I really am happy with a basic cable package - something the salesmen just can't understand.

Of course she made my allergies flare, but I'm OK with that.  I just mainly have a dry, occasional cough.

We finally went to the store.  Ron got his specialty toilet seat- he's been having vapors over the current one and it's plastic hinges.  He's worried they will break and we'll be without a toilet seat.   It's not a big deal to me but it was causing him anxiety.

I don't want him stressed out, so we went to the store.  We got his toilet seat.  I bought some white lithium grease for the Food Beast - it has some very stiff door latches.  It needs grease.  Now I have it.

White lithium grease is a good thing for anyone in vending, anyway.  It has a lot of uses.  Ron also wants me to "do" the hinges on one of our soda machines.

I left Ron by the door with our stuff, and then went in search of buckets and lids.  They are incredibly useful for the disaster kit.

I found some 2 gallons, 2 gallon lids, a standard 5 gallon, and a fancy 5 gallon gamma-seal lid.  I also got some extra 5 gallon lids, standard style.  I will need to break the lids off some of my inventory - to rotate it.  I want to make sure I have a way to seal them, when I'm finished.

I also got a bag of chips and called it "done".  I paid and our ride came pretty fast.

We had another pickup but got home somewhere around 1:30.  I got a nice 2 hour nap.

Now I just need to finish cleaning/organizing, maybe tackle the disaster kit, see how much room I have left in the trash can, and maybe do a little online shopping.

I still have a little fun money left - Ron gave me some a while back and I put it in my account. 


No comments: