Sunday, October 12, 2014

Turn it down!

I need to keep a calender of the birthdays next door. 

Apparently one of the adults is having a "party".  Why?  Well, the sudden yardwork is generally a clue.  Some neighbors, they only really get into the yard care when they have a party.  They might even do MY yard (without my permission I might add). 

As I was taking my nap, I kept hearing their door, which is on the side of their house and not far from my bedroom, opening and closing, again and again and again.  I still managed to get a nap. 

Good thing. 

It wasn't the rearranged parking in their driveway - although it was significant.  They only do that when they're having guests but they are in some kind of "home church" movement. 

Sadly, the church does not teach "Love your neighbor and keep the volume down on your music."  Yup.  Loud Mexican polkas blasting away. 

Ugh. 

Frustrating, because I am so careful to be a good neighbor.  I am very quiet.  I get upset if the driver has the volume up on their dispatch radio and ask them to turn it down.  I hush Ron if he talks loudly in the driveway, getting loaded into the vehicle, early in the morning. 

Maybe I need to stop that.  Maybe if we start waking them up when we leave they'll realize we work a different schedule. 

I know it's an adult party because they don't have a pinata.  When the baby's born (please God no twins), they'll have 8 people in the house.  That's a hell of a lot of parties, every year, especially when you factor in the all-night Christmas eve debacle.  

One of my readers told me "Well, you should expect loud music and parties on the weekend".  Not in my neighborhood.  We did not pay 20% down to live in a ghetto.  We could have stayed in the bad neighborhood for that - the one where the police laughed if you called in a loud music complaint. 

But we moved here for the quiet, like everyone did.  We live here because it is nice and quiet!

Why must they turn it into a barrio because it's someone's birthday?  You know, we have easily a thousand people living in the subdivision.  If everyone had a rowdy party on their birthday it would never end.

They don't think about that, though.  They want to be loud and disturb everyone, but they don't want anyone to return the "favor". 

I tell you this, if my 3:45 AM pickup is a little loud tomorrow, I won't be hissing at them to turn it down. 

No comments: