Thursday, October 9, 2014

Truck Day

You're going to get sick of my Torbie videos.

She got in my lap, seeking treats.  She was so cute I had to share her.






She has such a sweet and loving heart.  I'm so glad she picked me (some of what I murmured as I petted her).  I'm also astounded she was in the shelter for 28 days.  She's such a lover, I can only figure no one wanted the "old" cat. 

Idiots.  My gain. 

So, got up horribly depressed.  "You know" I told Ron "Sometimes it's like, wow, I took a shower - victory!"  I did my God Time later. 

I ate and took my meds, brought my back brace and bags, and completely forgot to bring a drink. 

Truck day. 

I bought 45 items, all of them "case" items.  A case of cookies (3 cases actually 'cause they've gone crazy for my cookies), etc. 

During business hours at Sam's, I get to see the other vendors.  They always "give respect" when they see me pushing the huge flatbed loaded with merchandise. 

I had a delightful cashier, and a wonderful cart attendant looks out for me, waiting at the exit.  We got the truck loaded pretty quick. 

Since our bottled vendor is broken, we didn't get a lot of bottled drinks. 

Ron's boss, our liason with the state program, called.  He wanted to meet us to give us an annual review. 

I was a little eeky over that but I got the carts and unloaded my stuff. 

I was glad I had forgotten to get the 1000 count styrofoam cups.  I wouldn't have had room. 

Our friend commented, the boss had pulled into the parking lot but hadn't come over, until I finished unloading.  He thought it was "rude" he "didn't help". 

1.  It's my job to load and unload the truck.  I don't mind.  I like physical work.  I only hate getting in and out of the truck bed because I get dizzy. 

2.  The boss' job is managing/supervising.  It's not his job to move my inventory and fill Ron's vending machines.  His job is helping us with administration. 

3.  I was completely sweaty and very focused.  "You'd better hope I don't get murdered" I told our friend.  "My DNA (sweat) is all over your truck bed."  He has physical problems that keep him from helping.  Like I said, I don't *mind* physical labor.  I will take that over office politics any day. 

I did figure, accurately, the boss might help push a cart in the building.  I left the snack wagon (about 30 pounds) and pushed the soda cart (a couple hundred).  Sure enough, he did help.  That was very nice and unexpected. 

I got everything parked, Ron went to the bathroom, and we had our review.  "Our best ever" he said. 

He liked my decorations, inventory, etc.  One ongoing complaint was the lack of snack machine inventory.  Ron just wouldn't buy it. 

Now he does and the machines look great.  Snacks are leading the pack in sales.  I had stuffed vending machines, and two loaded carts. 

We also got happy news: our current bottled vendor is going away.  We will be given a new, better, one.  It has a terrible reputation with all repairmen.

Ron is working on taking the cold drinks out of the vendor, and stocking them into the cold food vending machines.  That way it'll be empty by the time they come to take it.  

Review over, I moved on to stocking.  I needed to do a fair amount, I was glad we had come in. 

Everything looked good when we left. 

I was exhausted.  We had a long ride on paratransit. 

It was kind of like my worst nightmare.  We picked up an older lady at a clinic.  She kept coughing.  We were all confined in a small minivan and she was maybe 3 feet from Ron and I. 

I thought "God help us all if Ebola hits paratransit.  It will be catastrophic." 

We rode for over half an our, breathing in her secretions.  [shudder]  It's a good thing I take my meds, have my faith, and take some supplements. 

I'll cover what I take, in general:
A, D, E
Generic multivitamin
Cal-mag-zinc
Occasionally a magnesium tablet when I'm at the "headache" part of my cycle.
Oregano oil (winter time) - capsules, not the oil! 
Olive Leaf
Vitamin C

I think you can figure out what ones I might take for better immunity.  According to FDA rules, I can't say something can diagnose, cure, prevent, or treat a condition.  I can just say I take my supplements every day for a lot of reasons.  I will also say I get most of my supplements from Swanson, especially the herbal items. 

Anyway, we finally dropped plague lady at a shoe store, and we went home. 

I was exhausted.  I was worried about getting munched by depression, so I ate a bowl of cereal and took my meds. 

I took a nap.  If I heard correctly, as I slept a small plane flew overhead a few times.  Not sure what that was about. 

I slept for a little while, got up, God Time, computer. 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

people should be mandated like they are in clinics when on public transport if you have shit flying out of your nose and mouth? you need to be required to wear a mask..why not carry masks Heather? I keep them in my purse and put them on when people cough around me. I have no problems setting an example when I have a cough I put a mask on myself
common decency dictates you protect others from your shit
ebola or not

Heather Knits said...

I think they will institute the policy after it's here.

I do believe virtually every client is going to be riding paratransit, ill, going to seek medical care.

If I get sick I plan to tough it out at home. "Just make sure I have plenty of water next to the bed" I told Ron.