Monday, October 13, 2014

No sleep, go and do it anyway

I can talk all day about God time and faith. 

It doesn't mean a thing if I'm not living it.  Example? 

The party next door went on until well after 10.  I guess they assumed that, since it was a school holiday, everyone had Monday off and could sleep as late as they liked. 

I'm sure they weren't thinking about us, having to get up at 2 AM for work.  I got up at 1:45 to take my shower, and then Ron took his bath.  Our ride came at 3:30.   I battled tremendous urges to make noise enough to wake them up next door and let them know we were leaving.  I did not.  I did like Ron's "air horn" idea, but we wouldn't do that to the innocent neighbors, or even the "bad" ones. 

If I'm claiming Jesus I do have to represent him.  That's one thing that made me so angry last night: this guy told 2 guys from our church, he was saved, 2 years ago.  He's not acting like it, having loud parties late on work nights.  He also played games with the volume, turning if off for a couple minutes, then turning it up very loud, then down again... we had to call the police twice. 

We worked until well after 10.  I had to receive 2 orders and help put away half a pallet of canned soda.  We also had a storm front come in, but happily we missed that. 

When I got home, both neighbor cars were in the driveway - they had a nice day off, sleeping in.  I was tempted, again, to say "We're home from work now, having worked 8 hours on 3 hour's of sleep!  How was your night?" 

I didn't.  I did mutter something about it being nice to sleep in late after having a loud party the night before. 

It's funny - most of the time they are very quiet, but when he goes off he goes off!  From what I can tell they aren't drinking as much, during the parties.  But they are still drinking enough that loud music, 9-10 at night, on a worknight, seems like a really good idea. 

Enough about them.  I didn't act hatefully, and neither did Ron. 

We picked up our friend, who works for the other vendor.  He asked me to call ahead of time, if I'm on a ride that's coming to get him.  Whenever I call his wife picks up, talks to me for a minute, and passes the phone on to her husband. 

I think she may be worried.  Trust me, she's got nothing to worry about.  My "housekeeping" would give the poor man a heart attack even if I did "steal" him, which I wouldn't. 

He's just a nice Christian coworker - I can see Jesus in him.  He has a good servant's heart and is always happy to help.  He's the one who fixed my label gun. 

We got to work stocking, once we arrived at work.  I got snacks.  Ron did drinks.  When sandwiches came, I stocked them.  We may lose power in the next couple days, for a while, so I will need to keep an eye on the food machines. 

They also decided to move our refrigerator/freezer unit.  I think Ron stuck too far out into the hall when he'd fill it.  They seem to be moving it a few feet back and off a couple feet to the left, which is great.  I was worried it would be way off at the other end of the building. 

The boss called me.  I find that interesting: management, customers, and the boss all prefer to talk to me, these days.  I think it's because I don't react, I just work to make them happy and get it done.  Ron tends to be more reactive and volatile - the head injury. 

Anyway, the boss is bringing our new-to-us food machine, tomorrow.  "I guess we'll take Wednesday off" I replied.  I had Ron call our repair guy, who will take out the old lock before the boss shows up.  I don't care how he does it as long as the lock is out. 

Hopefully the new machine will come with a manual.  If not I'll try to round one up, online.  I'm pretty good at that. 

The other machines were fine.  I paid a few refunds.  I have a bunch of angry looking palm prints on one of my snack machines - something is hanging up, and people are shaking it loose.  I need to know what it is so I can fix it.

I cleaned all the glass fronts when I left, of course.

I fixed the glitchy, rip-off snack machine.  If I could get it swapped for an older one I'd do it in a second.  

My K-cups are all sold out.  I'm glad Ron "let" me sell them.  I provide a K-cup, a sugar packet, a creamer packet, and a coffee cup, for 75 cents.  It's the same price as a large cup of coffee machine coffee, much better, and far more reliable than the coffee vending machine.

I don't think I need to tell you, never buy coffee from a vending machine.  I made up another 30+ cups and stocked them. 

Food machines looked good with the drinks, and sandwiches.  I saved a sub for the delivery guy, who almost had a stroke pushing the pallet jack up the ramp (he didn't have "the good truck").

Ron teased me about giving away the inventory, but I think he admires that - I try to minister to everyone I meet.  Including, and especially, him. 

Which is why, when we got home, I took my medication and went to bed.   I knew I would be pretty ugly if I didn't.  

I had a pretty good nap.  I don't know if I hallucinated some noises or they truly existed, but they're gone now and I slept anyway.  I'm calling that a win. 

Now off to do my God Time, because I was "bad" and didn't do it BEFORE using the computer (my policy). 





No comments: