Tuesday, May 1, 2012

I love my Haldol

Today, Ron skipped a trip to the liquor store.  I was thrilled.  I didn't make a big production out of it, though.  I just said "Oh, OK".

We had today off.

Yesterday was pretty awful for both of us.  For the first time ever, not enough money to pay me.  Not only that, we got the bill for our homeowner's insurance.  Ouch.  For that kind of money, I'd expect a platinum policy!  Instead, we get a $3,000 deductible.

Last year, we did some research, and it is the best deal.  I'm just whining about it because I can.  I try to be positive and upbeat in 99% of my life, here's where you'll find me.

Ron was very discouraged.  I tried to be upbeat but got infected with Ron's pessimism after he fell asleep. I put up some prayer requests.  We have a lot of canned sodas so I put up a prayer request for people to buy them.

At any rate, it looks like the old days, old pay are behind me now.  However, I can have fun on the cheap.

I did sleep well last night, since we had today off I slept in until 7:20.  I thought that was pretty funny.

I did have a headache, so I took something for that, medication, the usual.  Did my God Time.

Last night I noticed I was getting a little manic, so I decided to invest it in housework.   Today, Ron wanted to demolish the wall.

As part of the demo, Pete was able to pry a whole sheet of drywall off the studs, tiles still adhered.  I had propped it in the back yard.

Times I get a little annoyed at the neighbors, wish I had "tighter" deed restrictions.  That wasn't one of them!  We have a privacy fence so no one would have seen it unless they came in the yard without permission.

It was about 5 x 6 feet.  Pretty heavy.  Ron and I got it up on top of the trash can (mostly me, with the lifting, but Ron couldn't stand the thought of standing by), and he went after it with a hammer.  He found it very satisfying.

The next "bit" had a lot of very long, sharp, nails.  Ron hasn't had his tetanus vaccine since 2003.  I haven't had one since 1997.  I borrowed the hammer and nailed them down (bent the sharp pointer part flat and parallel to the surface).  Ron thanked me and resumed the work.

After he finished, he said "I can see why Pete likes demolition work".  I went after the front room and garage, my goal today was to toss all the obvious trash.

Also, to trash things I didn't need.  Between Ron's project, Pete's use of the can, and a week of household trash, I didn't have much room, but I got a lot stuffed in there.  Then I took a nap.

Later on, I got up.  Did some research.  Rearranged a cabinet.  Resented basketball season, they are eliminating my Law & Order to play games.  Yawn.

Then, I cooked up a nice stir fry for dinner.  I used garlic and a little red pepper, some veggies, and strips of beef.  I have enough leftover for breakfast.

Tomorrow, I'll put the pot roast on a bed of baby carrots and homegrown potatoes, in the slow cooker, and turn it on.

I see my psychiatrist tomorrow for my tune-up.  It should be a great visit.

I love my Haldol.

No comments: