Thursday, May 24, 2012

Bubba's Fan Club

Today, we took Bubba cat to the vet.  He needed to update his vaccines.

As you can see from the photos in the sidebar, Bubba is an elegant, shorthaired, black cat.  He's very dignified.  He loves to hunt, hence the nickname "Bubba".

Boy, can he hunt.  He brought me a sparrow yesterday.  Well, part of one.  Ew.

So, Ron and I blocked out today for our visit.  We got some lunch, came home, and waited.  When it got within a few moments of pickup, I stuffed Bubba into his box.

I've had a lot of cats that tried to hurt me, when I'd medicate them or put them in the carrier.  Bubba doesn't.  He'll struggle, resist, but he has never raised a claw to me.  Just one of the many reasons he's my favorite cat, ever.

Metrolift came and all 3 of us went out to the cab.  The driver wasn't a fan of cats, but he didn't hate them, either.  Bubba howled with great tragedy.  I was glad it was a straight trip.

Ron's very protective, and was pretty distraught.  I just spoke calmly to Bubba and balanced him in my lap.

We got to the vet and went inside.  A large dog on a leash, tried to sniff Bubba.  That's about when he decided to shut up.  Poor cat.

I set him up, facing Ron, on a bench.  Ron leaned over the carrier and cooed at Bubba until they took us into the exam room.

Ron wanted to let him out, but I said no.  We did that once and the cat hid behind the computer monitor, in the corner (another cat).  The vet was very nice about getting him out but reminded us the policy states "Keep pet in carrier".

We sat there, and Ron talked to the cat as I read various articles on cat-care, new breeds, and care suggestions.  Pretty soon the vet came in.

Ron played his audio track of Bubba purring and they loved it (the vet had an assistant).  They took Bubba out and began the exam.  She said, overall, he looked great.

He's fat, she'd like him to lose 3 pounds, and he has a heart murmur, but everything else was fine.  I really enjoyed watching the exam.

They never stopped petting him.  At least one person was petting him at all times as he submitted to the exam with resignation.  He got his shots, a dose of Advantage (ultra, I think, the stuff that kills all parasites, including intestinal), and more petting.  He was very happy to get back into his carrier.

His adoring fan club kept exclaiming over him.  He is a handsome fellow and very good natured.

I'm glad they like him so much, and even happier he forgave me when we got home.

He took a nice long nap with me, right next to my head.

No comments: