Sunday, May 20, 2012

Poor pharmacist


Note: I always carry a couple weeks' worth of medication, in my backpack, when I leave the house.

I take 3 medications.  One helps with psychotic stuff (seeing and hearing things that ain't there, people "out to get me, etc.).  I got that today.  Yay.  $10 for 3 months and my favorite drug maker (Mylan).  I got my antidepressant, $45, keeps me from killing myself, also made by Mylan.  I love Mylan.

Then I went to get my lithium, which basically keeps me from going "Buggo" and committing felonies.  It was not the $10 it's always been, but $65.  Doc wrote it for the wrong formulation.  I said "I'm not paying for that, I want my $10 lithium".

The poor pharmacist was so freaked out.  She thought I was going off my meds.  I had to show her, I had some extra "good" lithium, in my backpack before she'd calm down.  I guess she thought she'd see me on the news tomorrow if she "let" me leave without my lithium.  Poor pharmacist!  What an AWFUL job!

I will NEVER stop taking my lithium.

1 comment:

skeptical bibliophile said...

Your commitment to taking your medications is admirable. Some people are not of sound enough mind to remember to take them or to understand what can happen if they don't and all sorts of havoc erupts when they go off them.