Saturday, May 5, 2012

Even Medicated (a political post)

You know, it would seem like a no brainer.  The economy is in flames.  Unemployment is high.  Savings are depleted, people are losing hope.  Foreclosures are rampant... and it's an election year.

I'd think, personally, the populace would be getting ready to toss out the president.  I'm not going to point fingers, but isn't that what people do?  If the economy deteriorates under someone's presidency, they generally get tossed out like an old sock in November.

Now, thanks to the Republicans, I really doubt it.

I post on conservative Christian message boards.  Shocking, isn't it?  [snort]  And what do I hear?  Everyone is excited about the Republican ticket: Romney and Rubio (maybe).  Everyone is hoping it's Rubio.  They like the way he talks (reminds me of someone else, 4 years ago) [snort].

Wait a minute.  The Republicans, in a vital election year, have chosen a Mormon and an admitted anchor baby?  These are the guys who are going to take back the White House?

Agh.  They don't make enough medication for me to understand that reasoning.  In fact, it seems to me, it's a really good way to keep people from voting Republican.

I'm pretty boring when I'm medicated, but I have to wonder, are they trying to make the conservative voters whore our their vote just to get rid of the incumbent?  Or, are the trying to make the opposition so distasteful they'll let the incumbent stay another 4 years?

I have to wonder, even medicated, about conspiracies.

No comments: