Wednesday, May 9, 2012

This is where faith comes in

I'm typing this on my very old computer, so if this looks odd you'll know why. 

I have just not been feeling inspired, or talkative, recently.  Because I was sick?  Because I'm on new medication?  I don't know.  I love to post when I'm manic, but sadly, I lost that to the migraine.  Agh. 

A lot of stress on my plate.  We got the homeowners insurance quote.  They want over a thousand dollars, for a policy with a three thousand dollar deductible.  I do not live on the coast, I'm well inland (it takes hours to get to my house, from the bay).  Ron and I agree, it's all the tornadoes.  They drove up the rates. 

I just know that, paying $3K deductible, for us, is impossible.  Charging $1K for that policy seems illegal.  I do plan to get another quote. 

This is where faith comes in, too.  Had God allowed any damage to my home?  No.  Is it likely He will?  No.  God created the universe, he can certainly send severe weather "away", right?  Yes.  Did God help us get the house?  Yes.  Did He help us fix the bathroom?  Yes. 

I also have a long, tiresome, list of things to do.  Call the blood lab and find out what the [censored] happened to my blood.  I think they lost it, which means (sigh) another needle stick.  Catch up on laundry.  Yardwork.  Etc. 

Right now I'm having a hard time finding joy in anything, but that's OK.  God needed me this way, and I don't have jovial all the time.  I am allowed to be sad, tired, and more than a little battered! 

It's OK to curl up with a good book instead of having a big Day Out, if that's all I can manage. 

Although today is accounting day, at home.  We do have a hamburger date later on. 

Don't forget, I pray for you every day.  (((hugs)))

So, I can leave it in God's hands (after getting another quote, I am tremendously opposed to getting raped like that). 

No comments: