Monday, May 14, 2012

Second Strike

I am horribly contagious, and feel terrible.  I don't want to get too close to Ron and infect him, so no blog today.

I'll do one when I feel better.  It was really cute, tonight I "caught" him brushing the cat, gently.  The cat had thrown up a hairball in MY room while I tried to nap, so I warned Ron to go easy with treats, hairball, etc.

Ron decided he'd groom the cat.  Kitty wouldn't have to EAT the loose fur, Ron could brush it off and I cleaned the brush.  We got about a quarter cup of soft, black, hair.  I could have spun a couple feet of yarn.

And Bubba's a shorthair!  I really think it is cruel to have a long-haired pet in Houston, unless you will keep it in a very well air conditioned environment.

We went to work, I felt bad about that, but I had to get a delivery.  The man who ran over Ron works over by the dock and is as reckless as ever.  I don't want him getting a second strike at Ron.  He almost got ME one day!  [shudder]  That man is not safe.

When I'm (properly) medicated, I don't feel anything other than a mild alarm when I see him.  When I'm not, I get very upset that he's walking and talking and Ron's in a wheelchair.

That's just human nature.  I pray for the guy every day, but I guess I'll always feel resentful when I see him walking and using his right arm.  Ron has VERY limited use of his right arm after the accident (nerve damage and stroke).

So, I tell myself, gotta let it go... envision a little paper boat floating out to see, with all my resentment aboard.  Bye-bye.  It works pretty well.

I'm just happy he shops at the other vendor's machines.  One time, Ron accidentally ran over him with a  handcart.  I thought that was pretty funny.  Ron was in the wheelchair, dragging the cart on a bungee cord behind the chair, cut a corner, and turned, running over the both of his feet.  Ron apologized and he said "It's me [name]"   Ron carried on.  Ironic.

However, I am properly medicated so that's all you get on the subject.  I have no appetite, which is apparently a cold symptom (thank you Wikipedia).  I found that interesting.  I managed to force myself to eat a few times (I'm not queasy, just full-feeling) so I could take my pills.

Then I had to do the tango with the various cold and flu remedies so I don't kill myself by accident.  I'm at the congestion stage so I should be feeling better pretty soon.

If I'm not, though, I will ask Doc if he wants to do a phone appointment.  He's not young, and I don't want to get him sick.  We did one once when he'd hurt his knee, so I think he would do a phone appointment and avoid infecting the entire office with this virus.

We'll see how I feel, on Wednesday.

No comments: